“Softsol India Ltd.” : Functional Test Eng : on 13 Dec 2014 @Hyderabad / Secunderabad
Softsol India Ltd.
5 to 10 yrs.
Hyderabad / Secunderabad
JD for Functional TestEngineer:
1. Responsible for defining system tests and test plans based on requirements and technical specifications or in the absence of such documentation.
2. Hands on experienced in collecting requirements and preparing System Requirement Specification (SRS) document.
3. Hands on experienced in preparing Functional Specification (FS) document.
4. Hands on experienced in preparing Use case/ business work flow documents by discussing with business users.
5. Responsible for improving product testability and designing for test.
6. Debug and analyze test results to verify functionality and recommend corrective action in the case of failure.
7. Initiate/Champion automation solutions where appropriate.
8. Assists in training/mentoring of team members and leads QA activities as needed.
9. Perform other duties as assigned.
10. Tax domain knowledge is additional knowledge.
Skill Set for Functional Test Lead:
1. 5-10 years of software quality assurance experience. Experience developing software tests for functional, performance and regression testing that include automated, ad-hoc, and manual testing elements.
2. Very good knowledge of all phases of SDLC (Software Development Lifecycle).
3. Lead end-to-end application testing right from requirement analysis to production sanity.
4. Strong experience of requirement analysis and impact analysis on various modules.
5. Strong experience in Test Case Review and Test Execution Review by independently planning and tracking testing schedule.
6. Hands on experience in various areas of Project Management areas like Risk Management, Scheduling, Release planning etc.
7. Experience with Angular JS and Protractor desired.
8. Identify Feature exposure Risks to the Project Team during testing.
9. Acts as a Subject Matter Expert for projects, providing assistance on business and technical related questions.
10. Provides and reviews others estimates for QA technical assignments.
11. Plans and reviews automation test cases for the use in regression testing, smoke testing, and performance testing.
12. Experience working with databases.
13. Experience in leading teams and guiding team towards goals.
14. In-depth knowledge of testing Web-based applications.
15. Experience working in an Agile development environment SCRUM is a plus.
16. Accountable to complete efforts designed to improve Quality Assurance processes and maturity in the company.
17. Excellent written and verbal communication and teamwork skills