HP Hiring C System Engineer Development
System Engineer – Linux and C Development-1341897
Designs, develops, troubleshoots and debugs software programs for software enhancements and new products. Develops software including operating systems, compilers, routers, networks, utilities, databases and Internet-related tools. Determines hardware compatibility and/or influences hardware design.
Designs limited enhancements, updates, and programming changes for portions and subsystems of systems software, including operating systems, compliers, networking, utilities, databases, and Internet-related tools
Analyzes design and determines coding, programming, and integration activities required based on specific objectives and established project guidelines.
Executes and writes portions of testing plans, protocols, and documentation for assigned portion of application; identifies and debugs issues with code and suggests changes or improvements
Participates as a member of project team of other software systems engineers and internal and outsourced development partners to develop reliable, cost effective and high quality solutions for assigned systems portion or subsystem
Collaborates and communicates with internal and outsourced development partners regarding software systems design status, project progress, and issue resolution
- Knowledge of Linux boot loader, proc and sys file systems, initrd, PXE booting, networking and storage interfaces, etc.
- Expert in most of the following languages:
- Linux/Unix C/C++ development with make/gcc
- Windows C/C++ development (Visual Studio)
- Good understanding of HTML5, JQuery
- Able to create and read documentation and plans, work with customers and outside teams to hone and define requirements
- Able to work in a small team with rapid turn around and tight build schedules
- Knowledge of BIOS or EFI a plus
- Knowledge of server hardware (especially HP ProLiant) a plus
Education and Experience
Bachelor’s or Master’s degree in Computer Science, Information Systems, or equivalent
Minimum 1 – 3 years experience