Analyzes business requirements/processes and system integration points to determine appropriate technology solutions. Designs, codes, tests and documents applications based on system and user requirements.
Experience : 3 – 7 yrs.
- Prepares flowts and systems diagrams to assist in problem analysis.
- Responsible for preparing design documentation.
- Designs, codes, tests and debugs software according to Dell’s standards, policies and procedures.
- Codes, tests and documents programs according to system standards.
- Prepares test data for unit, string and parallel testing.
- Analyzes business needs and creates software solutions.
- Evaluates and recommends software and hardware solutions to meet user needs.
- Interacts with business users and I/T to define current and future application requirements.
- Executes schedules, costs and documentation to ensure project comes to successful conclusion.
- Initiates corrective action to stay on project schedules.
- May assist in orienting, training, assigning and checking the work of lower level employees.
- Leads small to moderate budget projects.
Knowledge and Skills
- Possesses and applies a broad knowledge of application programming processes and procedures to the completion of complex assignments.
- Competent to analyze diverse and complex problems.
- Possesses and applies broad knowledge of principles of applications programming.
- Competent to work in most phases of applications programming.
- Beginning to lead small projects or starting to offer programming solutions at an advanced level.
- Knowledge includes advanced work on standard applications programs including coding, testing and debugging.
- Advanced ability to effectively troubleshoot program errors.
- Advanced understanding of how technology decisions relate to business needs.
Technical skills :
- Hands on experience in ETL toolsInformatica and Abinitio.
- Strong RDBMS concepts and experience in RDBMS’sOracle/SQL Server/
- Teradata(preferable) etc.
- Strong OLAP/Data warehousing concepts.
- Hands on experience in Linux.
- Hands on experience in writing SQL & PL/SQL code.
- Strong knowledge in requirements analysis and software design.
- Strong in troubleshooting ETL/database issues.
Non-Technical skills :
- Excellent verbal/written communication skill.
- Excellent team leadership capability.