Amazon Hiring Freshers as Software Engineers
Amazon.com and its subsidiaries are leaders in the online retail industry, enabling customers worldwide to purchase millions of unique items. The Advertising team is specificallytered with the responsibility of marketing our products, and to drive traffic to Amazon to increase sales. As Amazon.com seeks to increase its presence in many countries with different customer behaviors, and as mobile and tablets explode, one of our biggest challenges is to increase the awareness of our product selection and price to customers in a variety of ways, and to make us the premier online shopping destination, including on Mobile devices.
We use several advertising channels to be able to bring customers to Amazon. One of the major forms of advertising is by placing advertisements for Amazon on 3rd Party sites (Publishers). We have millions of such Publishers in our network, driving billions of dollars in sales for Amazon. We also use these websites to show ads for other companies, and keep a portion of the revenuethese companies as our take,AdSense. We have systems that are able to monitor customer behavior on Amazon.com and on other websites, correlate purchases and browsing history on the internet, and come up with intelligent advertising campaigns that would maximize the benefit to Amazon, the Advertisers and Publishers. We do this by calculating the probability of a customer making a purchase because of an advertisement, the cost of showing that advertisement, and make a data based decision on what advertisement is best to surface.
In other words, you will be working on products and solutions that enable us to place highly effective advertisements on a variety of Publishing sources websites, Mobile apps, Tablet apps, gaming devices, TVs etc. You will be competing in a cutting edge space with other Advertising giantsGoogle, Yahoo, Facebook and a Microsoft with your products, and have tremendous business impact.
As an SDE working in the Advertising team, you will not only be responsible for creative input into algorithms that maximize our revenueAdvertising, but you will also develop them in an Object Oriented and scalable way. The software that you design and develop will provide the highly reliable, low cost marketing solutions to Amazon.com, and other advertisers. Who knows, you might power the advertisements on the next Facebook. You will be dealing with high transaction systems and web services supporting thousands of transactions per second.
We are not tied to one technology. Instead, we use what is best suited for the purpose.of our systems tend to be loosely coupled, communicating using synchronous and asynchronous messaging, leading to a classic distributed processing architecture. We also work on development of mobile SDK in Java and Objective C. We are looking for talented SDEs who enjoy working on creative algorithms, building large scale systems and who thrive in a fast paced fun environment. Knowing Java or C++ and Object-oriented Design is a must, and Perl and SQL are highly desired. Experience working with Linux is a big plus. Having worked on Mobile development would be preferable. If you have worked on web development focusing on mobile form factors, it would be an added advantage.
- Candidates must have a strong Computer Science background.
- A Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science or related technical discipline is a must.
- Fresher or 1+ years of software development experience
- Proficiency in Java OR C++, and Object-oriented Design
- Strong in Data Structures, Algorithms
- Must show strong ownership, bias for action and product sense.
- Understanding of XML, JS, CSS, HTML, and web application development is desirable.
- Master’s degree or relevant work experience
- Perl, SQL and experience with Linux
- Will have experience designing and supporting large-scale distributed systems in a production environment
- Ideal candidates will show excellent debugging and troubleshooting skills, with an enthusiastic attitude to support and resolve customer problems
- Experience on web development focusing on mobile form factors would be an added advantage.