Req ID: 62652
Job Description –
Engineer – IN (2nd Level Assurance)
Function: 2nd Level Assurance – Intelligent Networks (IN)
Position: Engineer (2nd Level Assurance)
Location: [Noida (Uttar Pradesh), India]
24X7 Shift Working [Yes]
Total Experience: 0 – 3 years
The position responsible will be required:
To ensure configuration / upgrades/ updates/ Trouble Tickets/ Troubleshooting/ Security Compliances on various IN nodes on Ericsson/Non Ericsson Network Architecture.
3. Key Responsibilities
The position responsible will be required
1) To ensure configuration/upgrades/updates on various IN nodes
Monitoring and review of TT, CR and AT on daily basis.
2) To ensure MSTOP Processes are followed in the Workplace
3) To ensure Password policies, security policies and audits are properly & periodically followed.
4)To contribute in the creation and improvements to procedures and routines within the department / group.
4. Candidate Prerequisites
- Qualifications: [Degree in Electronics and Telecommunication Engineering]
- Total Experience: 0 – 3 years in Telecom Industry (relevant to GSM/IN network)
- Certifications Ericssonging System 3.0/4.0 (Preferred)
- Technical and/or functional skills: [Performance &acteristics of IN
- Network Nodes/GSM/SS7]
- Linux Red Hat and Oracle Admin Certifications [Preferred]
The primary purpose is to take full responsibility of Configuration Management / Software upgrade and updates / Troubleshooting & Problem Analysis / Technical Discussions / Self Initiator to Mentor peers for Competence Development / Process understanding and awareness / Audits awareness and follow ups / handling emergencies and trouble tickets activities related to IN Network.
The position responsible will be required:
1. To ensure configuration/updates/Trouble tickets handling on various IN nodes.
2. To work well within predefined system support guidelines and ground rules.
3. To participate in internal technical discussions in view to improve overall network performance and
Make recommendations wherever possible.
4. To ensure correct working methodology, Best Practices and Continuous improvements in Ways of
Working for efficiency improvements and betterment in deliveries.
- Execute system configuration related changes as per given access rights.
- To ensure MSTOP Processes are followed in the Workplace
- To ensure Password policies and other security policies are properly followed
- Language skills: languages other than English and local/ Indian
- Values and behaviors: Pro-active and able to work under pressure
B.E / B.Tech. in Electronics & Communications with at least 0 -3 years of Experience in Telecom/IN Domain.
Experience in handling Ericsson Networks preferred
Certifications Ericssonging System 3.0/4.0, Linux Red Hat, SQL/Oracle Admin [Preferred]
Technical and/or functional skills: [Performance &acteristics of IN Network Nodes]
The 2nd Level Assurance Specialist/Sr. Engineer/Engineer reports to CA Manager.
The 2nd Level Assurance Specialist/Sr. Engineer/Engineer is responsible for specific systems by performing the following activities:
- Administrating IN Network and Support Systems
- Preventive & Corrective Maintenance
- Planned Maintenance (Health Checks, Backups etc…)
- Problem Escalations and Follow-ups (TT/CSR/TR)
- Interface with Customer, 3PP and Ericsson Departments
- Ensure smooth and quality system/service handoverProject.
- Outage reporting
- Adherence to Processes
The following work position / area/ specific functional skills are typically applicable to the Back Office IN Engineer functional role.
Good Technical Knowledge of the specific IN Systems for Mobile Communication.
Understanding ofProcesses, routines activities and stakeholder management.
IN/GSM Protocols (i.e. SS7, CAP V2/V3, INAP, MAP, SCCP, TCAP, Diameter)
GSM/IN Call flows and Call scenarios, Multiple Test Cases, AT and clear understanding.
Understanding of SDP, STP, IP, Voucher Servers, IVR, Signaling, Mediation, Storage etc.
- Voice Call & Signaling Routing
- GSM/IN Network Architecture and its subparts.
- Traffic Dimensioning & Service Provisioning.
- Performance &acteristics of IN Network Nodes
- End-to-End Performance Audit & Network Optimization
- Result oriented
- Flexible and responsive to changing work patterns and demands.
- A thorough and methodical approach to work.
- Developed skills in Interpersonal communication
- Developed skills in knowledge sharing by actively contributing knowledge,
- experiences and skills to create a learning culture.