Symantec hiring for Assoc Security Analyst@Pune
Website : www.symantec.com
Job Role : Assoc Security Analyst
Eligibility : BE/BTech/ME/MTech
Experience : Freshers/Exp
Job Location : Pune
Symantec was founded in 1982 by visionary computer scientists. The company has evolved to become one of the world’s largest software companies with more than 18,500 employees in more than 50 countries. We provide security, storage and systems management solutions to help our customers – from consumers and small businesses to the largest global organizations – secure and manage their information-driven world against more risks at more points, more completely and efficiently than any other company.
• Build and maintain content/security data for the security event dictionary, including developing data to enable the prioritization, filtering, correlation, and other automated analyses of security events, and creating remediation/safeguard steps for addressing vulnerabilities and exposures. This will include data entry on a grand scale, which requires meticulous attention to detail and ability to self-motivate. It will also include in-depth work with Symantec’s bugtraq database and CVEs.
• Research and analyze the output from point products, integrate outputs from automated tools to ensure successful completion of automated testing for the collection content. Point products involved include intrusion detection systems, firewalls, vulnerability assessment tools, and anti-virus software from both Symantec and various 3rd parties, including IBM, Sourcedire, Cisco, Netscreen, Checkpoint, Network.
• Associates/McAfee, Trend Micro, Nokia, Microsoft, and Sun.
• Utilize both commonly available and customized host and network attack tools to generate and validate point product security events if necessary.
• Investigate false positives and data reported by customers to validate efficacy of intelligence.
• Assist in the integration of Symantec point products to ensure consistent quality content across the product lines.
• The successful candidate will have understanding if not experience with installing, configuring, and administering a variety of industry-leading firewalls, network/host based intrusion detection systems, anti-virus systems and other security point products.
• Candidates must have meticulous attention to detail and critical thinking skills. Outstanding oral and written communication skills are required to develop this mission critical and highly visible security content.
• Thorough knowledge of both Linux and Windows systems a plus.
• Understanding and familiarity with common security references such as CVE, Bugtraq, and related databases is a must.
• Familiarity with RegEx and Perl a plus.
Submit Your Resume – Just 1 Minutes Technical Interview Questions Experienced Walkin Details Click Here Free Job Alert – Subscribe Now- Daily 50 Jobs