NCR Corporation is currently seeking a IT Analyst to be responsible for developing ad hoc reports and performing in-depth data analysis to meet the business need. The Enterprise Data Analysis function is focused on the collection and analysis of what data is needed and how it will be used in an Enterprise Data Warehouse (EDW) solution, business application or data supporting capabilities such as Master Data Management (MDM). The data requirements captured by this role drives an entire chain of subsequent functions such as architecting/modeling the data, ensuring it is captured accurately, cleansed correctly and is used appropriately. Collecting and analyzing these data requirements involves professionals who can communicate with business/project stakeholders to understand the goals and objectives of an initiative and translate them into data entities and attributes. The data analysis function collaborates closely with both the Data Stewardship teams and the MDM Architect to ensure that no gap exists between data requirements and data architecture, and that Enterprise Data can be used whenever needed. The IT Analyst is also responsible for troubleshooting and resolving data issues, conducting data research, partnering with Data Stewards to deploy and support the data quality cleanup efforts. The candidate in this role must have a basic understanding of project management concepts and techniques and should have the skills to execute the activities necessary to reach the project objectives.
Responsibilities would include:
• Shares responsibility for performing data analysis (deep diving) for businesses requests and to design/develop ad hoc reports.
• Collect, evaluate, and prepare research and/or other complex statistical data and maintain computerized collection and tracking of relevant data (via the Enterprise Business Glossary).
• Compiles/prepares manual reports of findings, observations and recommendations into statistical and narrative reports.
• Utilize specialized software to analyze and interpret research data (via Teradata Miner and Trillium).
• Work directly with end-users to identify, investigate, and resolve technical issues.
• Reviews/confirms project business rules, assumptions and constraints (about existing data).
• Maintain appropriate records of research methods and results.
• Design and/or develop and ensure the quality of specific databases for collection, tracking, and reporting of research data. (via Sharepoint and Enterprise Business Glossary)
• Effectively communicate project status to management and business stakeholders.
• Monitor data quality service level agreement (SLA) metrics and address issues with the appropriate stakeholders.
• Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Science, MIS, Business, or the equivalent combination of education and experience.
• General exposure to SQL and accessing database structures for database systems such as Teradata, Oracle, MS SQL Server or MS Access.
• General use with MS Office (MS Access, MS Word, MS Excel).
• Previous utilization of statistical software and techniques in the analysis and interpretation (mining) of complex data sets (Mintab, MS Excel, etc.).