|Auto req ID||33917BR|
|Job Posting Title||Engineer, Staff I – CAD|
|Business Unit||Central Engineering|
|Job Description||Broadcom Central Engineering is looking for a qualified individual who can provide best-in-class user support for front-end Analog/RF circuit design activities, develop utilities for simulation model regression tests and automating PDK tests, and set up the methodology and design flow to address circuit design challenges and problems. This individual will be heavily involved in the designers’ day-to-day issues and interact with vendors to provide timely solutions. The candidate’s main responsibilities will also include CAD tools evaluation, test, release and documentation.|
Master degree in Electrical Engineering or Computer Science and 0-3 years of experience.
1) Expert in CAD Tools: Cadence Virtuoso Schematic, Configuration Editor, ADE/ADE-XL, Spectre/Turbo, Spectre/APS/SpectreRF, AMS, SpectreVerilog, HP/ADS, BDASIM, Assura Post-Layout Extraction/Simulation, EM Simulation (VAVO), ViVa/AWD, Ocean, Reliability Analysis, TDDB Simulation, etc.
2) Solid experience in field technical support: designers’ problem analysis, debugging and problem resolution, liaising designers and vendors on software issues
3) Experience in all phases of CAD tools from evaluation, test, release, and user support to documentation 4) Robust experience in developing utilities for modeling regression testing and PDK automated testing 5) Solid background in providing the methodology and design flow to solve circuit design challenges and problems
6) Expert in Cadence Skill, Perl, Unix Shell and Utilities
7) Excellent interpersonal, communication, and presentation skills
8) Experience in backend tools a plus
|Shift||1st Shift – Day|
|Percent of Travel Required||5% – 10%|