HCL Technologies Limited IT Analyst Walkin On 3rd – 7th Mar @ Chennai
HCL Technologies Limited
1 to 6 yrs.
1,25,000 – 6,00,000 P.A. Transportation provided
No of Openings
Opening for Service Desk / DataCenter -OPS / GAM- Global account Management /RDS – Remote Desktop Support –
L1 & L2- IT Infra Structure
Open requirement for IT -L1 & L2- “Analyst” & “Specialist” !!
Perferred location – Chennai
Experience- 0 .6 years – 7 years (Technical voice /semi voice, IT helpdesk /service Desk) .
Hiring for Analyst / Sr . Analyst /Specialist /Sr Specilaist
Technical Support to HCL’s business clients. He / She will be responsible to provide voice/email/chat support, Resolve Technical or network problem diagnosis,chat, to the clients and provide technical resolution. Incumbent should open for 24X7 operations.
JD- SD- SERVICE DESK-L1 /L2 :
- Provide hardware / software / network problem diagnosis / resolution via telephone/email/chat for customers end users
- Route problems to internal 2nd and 3rd level IT support staff.
- Coordinate and manage relationships with vendors and support staff that provide hardware / software / network problem resolution.
- Administer and provide User account provisioning.
- Use the Incident Management System to document and manage problems and work requests and their respective resolutions and circumvention’s.
- Responds to telephone calls, email, instant messages, and assigned tickets from users; Assign work orders / incidents to appropriate support teams and follow up until closure.
- Respond to, and diagnose, problems through discussions with users, including problem recognition, logs, research, isolation, resolution, and follow-up steps; Provide level 1 remote desktop support and perform other activities based on SOPs
- Perform user account management activities
- Escalate complex problem to appropriate support specialists
- Responsible for activities relating to the evaluation, analysis, and setup of PC-based software products (e.g., word processors, spreadsheets,
- presentation graphics, database management systems, electronic mail, and communications)
- Troubleshoot client software and basic network connectivity problems
- Identify, evaluate and prioritize customer problems and complaints
- May train users and operators on a limited basis and/or may write training procedures
- Participate in on-going training and departmental development
- Routine maintenance updates with other IT staff and business units
- Provide all required documentation including standards, configurations and diagrams
- Provide knowledge transfer of EUC operations.
Note- Voice suuport profile .
JD- GAM- Global Account Management:
- Managing user account across applications running on various platforms like IBM-AIX, Red Hat Linux, Z OS/RACF, SQL Administrator, Windows Active Directory, etc.
- To create and administer LAN accounts of the users
- To create and administer various shared resources e.g. Distribution Lists, Directories
- To provide permissions to the user as required by them
- To setup the servers as per the customer requirement
- To Standardize the network resources as per the client requirement
- Ensure that the customer has the appropriate access to the tools to support the business in an efficient way
- System Administrator for the User Account Maintenance and Incident Management Systems including general housekeeping
- Create LAN and/or E-mail account for the users and administer them.
- Grant permissions on various network resources available to users.
- Creation and administration of Global groups.
- Creation and modification of exchange resources like Distribution Lists, Shared E-mail account, Shared Calendar and Conference Rooms.
- Creation of New Directories as per the customer guidelines and grant permissions on them.
- Setting up servers as per the client standards and granting permissions on them.
- Creation, modification and deletion of user accounts on AIX Servers
- Creation, Modification and deletion of user accounts on Mainframe/RACF
- Creation, Modification and deletion of users accounts on Oracle/Sql
- Perform development and maintenance of knowledge Base for the User Account Maintenance Processes .
JD- RDS- Remote Desktop Support :
- Coordinate desktop changes to avoid deployment collisions.
- Prepare requests for rollout
- Prioritize change requests
- Create rollout plans for changes requests
- Coordinate implementation process
- Keep track of request and make sure they are implemented as planned
- Participate in incident handling concerning desktop changes.
- Participate in projects concerning bigger desktop changes, for example rollout of new antivirus.
- Microsoft environment knowledge (desktop & server).
- Have some level of technical understanding of the products building up a desktop service.
- Experience from the desktop environment.
- Understanding and experience of change management process.
- Technical Requirements
Technical Requirements :
- Phone support experience necessary.
- Technical Service desk or technical call center experience is necessary.
- Disciplined, systematic problem solving skills required.
- Windows Operating systems
- Clients: Windows7, Windows Vista, Windows XP, Windows 2000
- Servers: Windows 2000, Windows 2003, Windows 2008
- Knowledge of Active Directory, Exchange 2003/2007
- ITSM ticketing tools such as Remedy, HP Service Center, Peregrine Service Center
- Remote desktop connectivity applications like SMS, Bomgar, WebEx, Live Meeting, and Windows Native tools
- MS Office Suite (XP, 2003, 2007): MS-Word, MS-Excel, MS-PowerPoint, MS-Outlook, MS Project, and MS Visio
- Internet browsers (e.g. Explorer, Chrome, Firefox),
- VPN and remote dial-in users
- Support for laptop, desktops, and printers
- PDA and blackberry support
- Others: Adobe Acrobat and other common desktop applications like WinZip, etc.
JD- DC-OPS- DATA CENTER OPERATIONS :
- Act as a first point of escalation/consultation for the team on all technical, procedural and processes related queries.
- Manages the team in his / her respective shift.
- Assists the team lead in Maintaining & updating documents in a central repository for the benefit of the team.
- Ensures that an accurate shift handover happens to the next shift.
- Work in rotating shifts to provide 24/7 monitoring of the IT infrastructure.
- Monitor the IT Infrastructure with various monitoring tools for example (Net cool, BMC, Patrol, NNM, HP OVO, Tivoli etc.).
- Analyze, acknowledge & record each & every alert in the monitoring tools & handle the alerts as per their impact.
- Escalation & Notification to the relevant teams & stakeholders to ensure SLA compliance & minimal impact to end customer (s).
- Strict adherence to the specified response & resolution (only in cases where level 1 troubleshooting is in DC OPS scope) SLAs.
- Act as a trigger for the critical incident management process by involving the technical & incident management team.
- Coordinate with all the technical teams to assist in providing accurate & timely updates to the internal & external customers till issue resolution.
- Coordinate all faulty hardware replacement, capacity expansion, server installation/decommissioning & other project management initiatives with the vendors, partners, internal teams & external customers (only in absence of a service desk)
- Train & absorb the level 1 troubleshooting and other operational tasks from the various technical tracks.
- Assist the team lead in updating the run book and other technical and process documents for benefit of the entire team.
- Escalate any inconsistencies in the monitoring environment with respect to the monitoring tool configuration, alert thresholds, alert message enrichment & false alerts.
- Handover any incomplete tasks, open alerts and outages to the next shift.
- Discuss operational challenges and constraints in team meetings and with the management to ensure timely resolution.
If your experience is relevant can kindly Walk -In directly to venue location for interview :
Or can send your updated resume at firstname.lastname@example.org
Or can call at 8800500765
Number of rounds:
- Grammar test
- Voice and Accent round
- Technical online test
Documents are to be carried :
- Hard copy of your updated resume
- Any ID proof
- Invitation call letter
Write on top of your resume ” Sonam” and for which skill set and Level you are there for an interview . For any query reach me .
Mention “Sonam” on your resume.
Reference- Direct – Sonam NOTE:-.
Freshers/ other exp please don’t apply.
- Time:From 1 PM – 4 PM
- Venue: Sterling Technopolis:- HCL Comnet Limited, 4/293, Sterling Technopolis, Old Mahabalipuram Road, Kandanchavadi.