Harman Limited Hiring Experienced C++ Software Developer @ Bangalore
Company Name : Harman
Location : Bangalore
Experience : 10 – 16 yrs.
Req ID: 43902
The HMI Domain is responsible for the graphical user interface of the infotainment device which includes screen layouts, screen transitions, graphics, localization/internationalization, and implementation of customer specific logic. Software development is done with a variety of tools, including ActionScript, C++, Java, and HTML5.
A software engineer in this position will focus their time developing and testing software. As a Principal Engineer you will be expected to function as a lead on multiple projects and mentor less experienced engineers and interns. The person most successful in this position will have a very strong understanding of the required programming languages as well as the HMI concepts used in vehicle infotainment.
Essential Responsibilities of a Senior Software Engineer:
– Working knowledge of software development tools (debugger’s, emulators, compilers, etc).
– Working knowledge of software development processes.
– Working knowledge of embedded operating systems.
– Analyze customer and internal requirements and specifications and translates these into software designs.
– Analyze existing embedded software to add features, make modifications, fix bus, and/or port to different platforms.
– Tests software designs and code at the unit and system level to insure thatrequirements are met and the highest software quality is achieved.
– Leads internal and customer driven design reviews throughout program.
– Provides technical leadership fordomain software development activities.
– Identifies product requirement or performance issues. Works with software team leader to negotiate resolution.
– Communicate with peers inside the Harman group to coordinate software development. This includes occasional travel for training or coordination with other groups.
– Manages multiple large projects and technical resources, including planning, estimating, and developing requirements in compliance with the established software development process.
– Works with the customer to further define requirements and to resolve issues.
– May direct the work of 8-10 other engineers.
– Master’s degree in Electrical Engineering, Computer Science or equivalent discipline
– 10+ years of embedded software development.
– 10+ years of C, C++, Java, or other structured language.
– Experience developing and debugging software in a real-time, embedded, multiprocessor, multi-interface environment.
– RTOS experience for development on Infotainment, Audio or Multimedia products.
– Working experience with ActionScript, Qt, or HTML5 on embedded systems.
– Working knowledge of QNX, Embedded Linux, and/or Android.
– Experience with Adobe Creative Suite tools (Photoshop, Illustrator).
– Understanding of State Machine and UML diagrams.
– Strong attention to detail.
– Exemplary verbal and written communication skills.
– Creative problem-solver capable of creating and reproducing complex software defects.