Covidien Hiring Experienced Software Engineer/Senior Software Engineer @ Hyderabad
Company Name : Covidien
Location : Hyderabad
Experience : 8 – 12 yrs.
Software Engineer/ Senior Software Engineer – (1400010J)
The Product Engineering Center of Excellence (COE) at Covidien is an engineering discipline that deals with both design and manufacturing support for a product under development. It entails, but is not limited to, activities commonly carried out during the product development process. Examples include FEA, solid modeling, prototype development and testing (electrical, mechanical and software), PCB design & development, software and firmware development and testing, documentation, packaging and label development, sustaining engineering and manufacturing process development. Ultimately, the Product Engineering Center of Excellence will design and develop products for the emerging markets.
SUMMARY OF POSITION:
Work as a member of a large multi-functional (hardware, software, electrical, mechanical) team in the software design and development of embedded software for Covidien’s line of Products. Software Engineers are expected to work with other members of the engineering staff to provide technical software expertise and solutions to engineering problems. The Software Engineer will participate in the creation of design documentation, software applications, test plans, and other project artifacts.
1. Participates, as a member of software project or sub-project team(s), in the development of software applications
2. Adheres to defined development procedures.
3. Generates high-quality work products.
4. Translates requirements/specifications into design, and ultimately software.
5. Participates in requirements, design and code reviews as they pertain to software designs.
6. Participates in other activities, such as performing hazard and risk analysis, reviews of designs and tests, etc.
7. Functions well in a team environment
8. Demonstrates good coding practices.
DEPARTMENT SPECIFIC/NON-ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS:
1. Participates in interviews for new department personnel
2. Supports software verification and validation testing activities.
3. May perform software support and sustaining activities for existing products.
4. May work on process improvement activities.
5. Other duties as assigned with or without accommodation.
Education: BS/BE (EE, CS or equivalent). MS/ME (EE, CS or equivalent).
Experience: 8-10 years of experience with embedded system software design
Must have 2+ yrs. experience developing software in a regulated industry such as medical, aerospace, defense, nuclear, etc.
• Candidate should be knowledgeable and have experience in software engineering processes and software life-cycle in general.
• Experience with Agile development methodology in a product development environment preferred.
• Object-Oriented Design and Implementation, UML is desired
• Strong knowledge and experience with C++ required.
• Experience in embedded, real-time applications required.
• Strong experience developing real time software for barebones platforms and RTOS based platforms
• Experience in Win CE (5.0, 6.0 or 7.0) is a plus
• Medical instrument development experiences a plus.
• Experience with a documented software development process or familiarity with FDA and ISO standards is a plus.
• Good communication skills
• Good team player