Company Name : Informatica Business Solutions Pvt. Ltd.
Location : Bangalore
Experience : 0 – 3 yrs.
Location: Bangalore, Karnataka, India
Job ID: R&D09136
Job Title: Software Engineer
Organization: Research & Development
Informatica Corporation (NASDAQ: INFA) is the world’s number one independent provider of data integration software. Organizations around the world gain a competitive advantage in today’s global information economy with timely, relevant and trustworthy data for their top business imperatives. More than 4,350 enterprises worldwide rely on Informatica to access, integrate and trust their information assets held in the traditional enterprise, off premise and in the Cloud.
The Data Engine team is responsible for building and delivering a high-performance data processing engine that powersproduct offerings of Informatica, which include the Data Integration products, The Big Data Edition and the Data Services products.
The position is suited for highly motivated and energetic individuals with a desire to work on the development of products. You will work on delivering new products and product features in an environment that spans acrossflavors of Unix/Windows operating systems and a broad spectrum of technologies including the latest and emerging technologies in the Big Data space. You will work across multiple product lines and deliver solutions that benefit customer with consistent functionality across multiple products.
Our Ideal Candidate
We are looking at hiring a Software Engineer for the Data Engine team at Informatica who shall be responsible for building and delivering key functionalities in the Data Engine; one who has advanced problem-solving skills and technical aptitudes that will allow one to adapt to new circumstances and learn quickly when facing new problems and challenges. One who can communicate effectively with geographically separated team members and drive problems to solution.
• Responsible for small features or components.
• May author smaller functional or design specifications or sections of larger specifications. Gathers review feedback and finalizes specifications.
• Produces implementationsexisting functional specifications and designs. Able to design small areas of code.
• Implement, unit test, and bug-fix well-defined functionality that satisfies stipulated requirements. Deliverable reviews result in rework, as errors are detected.
• Applies company policies and procedures to resolve routine issues.
• Suggests new implementation mechanisms and small enhancements.
• Meets project schedules.
• Participates in reviews of related components.
• Contact with others is primarily internal. Communicatesnecessary to complete feature work in hand. Interacts with other groups on same components as required. Works effectively withteam members and proactively communicates within and across teams to discuss problems and solutions.
• Reviews QA test specifications and feature documents.
• Follows standard practices and procedures in analyzing situations or datawhich answers can be readily obtained.
• Requires supervision several times per week and regular reviews. Normally receives detailed instructions onwork.
• Understands impact of work on the feature/product/team.
• Guides own work to timely and complete conclusions.
• During critical time periods, works hard to achieve tasks.
• Organizes own activities reliably.
• Follows development process without guidance, but with reviews
• Takes responsibility. Acts in a mature manner with colleagues.
• Keeps management well-informed.
• Is attentive to detail and accuracy, is committed to excellence, looks for improvements continuously, monitors quality levels, finds root cause of quality problems, owns/acts on quality problems.
• Ensures high quality ofdevelopment work.
• BS/MS in Computer Science
• Some hands-on experience installing, configuring, analyzing, optimizing, and troubleshooting systems and system related technology.
• Some product engineering background is preferred.
• Some exposure to Big Data technologies is desired, but not mandatory.
• Object oriented design and programming.
• Strong programming skills (C/C++/Java) and exposure to multi-threaded development.
• Understanding of Unix/NT systems programming.
• Excellent written, verbal, and presentation skills.