Dell Hiring Experienced Network Dev Staff Engineer @ Chennai
Company Name : Dell
Location : Chennai
Experience : 5 – 10 yrs.
Network Dev Staff Engineer-140019AA
The engineer will be responsible for fixing the customer reported bugs in router/switch products. It is expected of this person to work closely with other customer front ending organizations. The engineer should have an excellent knowledge about the protocol implementations and in general good knowledge about the router/switch architecture.
Areas of Responsibility
· He/she will be responsible for root cause analysis and fixing customer reported defects in switches and routers
· Interface with Technical Assistance Center to get details required to solve the defect reported
· Participate in design discussions and product definition.
· Design and implement targeted features
· Act as a mentor and technical resource to train junior engineers.
Skill Set Requirements
· In-depth knowledge of networking Concepts, hands-on experience with implementation of Switching Protocols (VLAN/LACP/STP/RSTP/MSTP), IPv4/IPv6 Routing Protocols (OSPF/BGP/ISIS), IP Multicast Protocols (PIM/MSDP/MLD/IGMP) etc.
· Knowledge of MPLS Protocols a plus.
· Knowledge of following test tools: IXIA, Spirent Test Center, Smartbits
· High Debugging skill in Free BSD, Unix or Linux environment. Good understanding about the debugging tools in these environment.
· A good understanding about the operating system fundamentals
· Ability to widely apply networking principles, theories and field concepts in analyzing the defect reported
· High motivation and drive. Ability to work under pressure.
· Bachelor’s Degree / Master Degree in Engineering with Specialization in ECE/Computer Science
· Work Experience: 5+ years