Bloomberg Hiring Experienced Network Ops Engineer @ Pune
Company Name : Bloomberg LP
Location : Pune
Experience : 2 – 5 yrs.
Job Requisition Number:43996
The Network Engineers Group is responsible for design, test, implementation and support of the global trading network, the local datacenters, the connections to the various exchange production and test/certification environments, and customer connectivity within the network.
The team is looking for a Network engineer to provide technical design, development, and support of low latency trading network infrastructure, various Market Data, Trading and News feeds.
– Design, implement, and support a global low-latency network infrastructure.
– Install, configure, and optimize new network connections and equipment to exchanges, providers, and customers, including data-center build-outs.
– Maintain, adjust, and support, existing installations, including proper configurations of exchange production & test connections, network appliances at datacenters, and
other network infrastructure related services (Firewalls, VPN, customer connections, etc).
– Monitor and analyze network, systems, and infrastructure (network traffic, performance, bandwidth utilization, system utilization, etc) for the purpose of ensuring thatcomplex environments are secure, and resources are utilized efficiently.
– Identify, assess, and resolve complex networking and system issues/problems utilizing analytical and structured troubleshooting skills, techniques, and tools.
– Respond to inquiriesinternal and external sources (staff, carriers, vendors, customer network staff, etc) for the purpose of providing network related information and direction.
– Ensure that the infrastructure and environments are operating under the optimum conditions and continuously look to improve performance on a network and systems level.
– Maintain network security through proper configuration and adhere to company standards and protocols.
– Manage network related backup-up systems and restore protocols for datacenters and client setups when involved.
– Maintain and improve comprehensive network and system documentation
– A Degree or equivalent qualification in computer science, information technology, electrical engineering, telecommunications or related IT study with a strong focus on network operations
– Qualifications such as CCNA, CCNP, Linux (e.g. Red Hat RHCT/RHCE) or equivalent.
– In depth experience with Cisco equipment (Layer-2 & Layer-3 switches, routers, CISCO IOS, etc).
– Advanced knowledge of networking: TCP/IP, UDP, BGP, Multicast, OSPF, HSRP and other routing protocols.
– Working experience in the financial industry with a focus on design and implementation of complex networks, and datacenter build-outs.
– Network management and monitoring, including analysis of network and system issues
– Excellent troubleshooting and diagnostic skills with an ability to analytically approach problems and solve them creatively and pro-actively.
– Excellent communication and relationship building skills with a focus on customer service.
– A team player who will work collaboratively with other members of the local and global teams.
– A self starter with the ability to work productively with minimal supervision.
– Excellent documentation skills (Visio, CiscoWorks, etc).
– Excellent communication skills in English
Preferred Skills & Experience:
– Experience in performance/latency improvement including packet analysis.
– Expert Linux knowledge (Redhat, SUSE). Scripting a plus.
– Understanding of systems (kernels, bonding, affinity, etc) and system tuning a plus.
– Strong project management