Though best known for GPS technology, Trimble integrates a wide range of positioning technologies including GPS, laser, optical and inertial technologies with application software, wireless communications, and services to provide complete commercial solutions. Trimble products are used in over 141 countries around the world and serve a variety of industries including agriculture, engineering and construction, transportation and wireless communications infrastructure.
Our employees represent this diversity and can be found in over 30 countries, working closely with their colleagues around the world. Due to our geographic, product and customer reach, there is plenty of room at Trimble for exceptional people to grow. As the market leader in most of our businesses, we offer a compelling value proposition to our customers based on productivity, return on investment and environmental stewardship. Come position yourself with an innovative industry leader and position yourself for success.
Trimble is an exciting, entrepreneurial company, with a history of exceptional growth coupled with a disciplined and strategic focus on being the best. While GPS is at our core, we have grown beyond this technology to embrace other sophisticated positioning technologies and, in doing so; we are changing the way the world works. Our solutions are used in over 140 countries and we have incredibly diverse lines of business.
Our employees represent this diversity and can be found in over 30 countries, working closely with their colleagues around the world. Due to our geographic, product and customer reach, there is plenty of room at Trimble for exceptional people to grow. Come position yourself with an innovative industry leader and position yourself for success.
• This position will primarily focus on building cross-platform limited-connectivity applications for Android mobile platforms .
• Opportunities may occur for supporting existing or developing new Android and/or iOS applications .
• Have to build test cases to ensure quality of code and maintenance .
• Collaborate with other mobile developers for continuous learning and sharing of knowledge
• Ready, capable, and willing to learn new technology as project needs dictate .
• Performs software engineering within the process framework established for the project. Contributes to the continuous improvement of these processes.
• Works with the project team, application domain experts and possibly with the customers, to deliver the project requirements.
• Maintains and archives design documents, source code, and other work products necessary for the project.
• As necessary, works independently or with quality assurance personnel to plan and execute product testing.
• Works with the author of product documentation to assist in the development and review of product documentation.
Skills & Experience Required:
• 3-8 years of software development experience.
• 2-5 years of developing Android, iOS, Xamarin or Mono based mobile applications.
• Strong object oriented programming using C++.
• Good understanding of multi-threaded computing concepts and core OS services.
• Familiar with the principles of IP programming, e.g. TCP, UDP, FTP, etc.
• Bachelor degree in Software Engineering or related fields.