SEAGATE INDIA Openings for Test Engineers @ Pune
(Freshers) Test Engineering – Entry Level @ Pune (Maharashtra)
Note: This is NOT a direct Walk-In. You need to apply only at given URL and only shortlisted candidates may be called by the company for test/interview.
Job Description :
# Seagate delivers advanced digital storage solutions to meet the needs of todays consumers and tomorrows applications.
# Through technology, leadership and innovation, Seagate continues to help individuals and businesses maximize the potential of their digital content in an ever-evolving, on-demand world.
# Job Level – New Grad Test Engineer Role
# Work to Ensure:
– Learn the Automation tools and maintain an automation mindset when writing/executing TCs
– Test Cases are driven by requirements and are focused on finding OEM bugs before the Customer.
– Follow the team culture where Quality is critical.
– An understanding of the Test Metrics to help drive Improvement.
– Documentation is appropriately maintained and in order.
– Test Escapes are understood and appropriate test improvements are recommended.
# Show a strong work ethic while performing Hands on testing
# Learn the features of a firmware component. Learn the components role in the Test Strategy, how to identify the product requirements, equipment/personnel needs and any associated risks.
# Learn to identify project deficiencies where they exist and recommend improvement.
# Obtain a level of technical proficiency necessary to perform assigned duties by eagerly attending training within the team, as well as, seeking out opportunities for training outside the team.
# Follow the test culture that:
– Test to find defects not to pass test case
– Utilizes automation as much as possible
– Test beyond the requirements
– Drives improvement based on test metrics
# Consistently look for ways to improve test processes.
# Become proficient in Tool to ensure the ability to properly document test activities and ensure accurate reporting
# Understand the need to Define and Execute New Tests based on scoping test requirements from design/code reviews with Development during early stages of the project highly leveraging automated scripts
# Learn the importance of interaction with firmware (FW) Developers at the beginning of each test phase to gather requirements and Statement of Work(s) (SOWs) for that phase.
# Understand the importance of mapping test cases to requirements, Enhancements and/or defects.
# Modify test cases/plans appropriately to ensure functionality is thoroughly recorded and analyzed for future test efforts.
# Learn to utilize and integrate the automation test effort.
# Review prior and existing test cases to help learn to identify candidates for automation.
# Review new features for better understanding of functionalitylook for areas/tests that can utilize automation.
# Learn organizational structure and key players to Test Team, i.e. Test Architect, Development Architect, Component Developers.
# Learn to scope and execute new features seeking help from Senior Engineer as needed
# Understand the importance of minimizing project risks and how those risks may impact other projects.
# Identify and query defects ensuring status is kept up to date.
# Learn the proper use of test tools, Jammer Scripts, Perl Scripts, and utilities.
# Minimize Test Escapes by understanding test strategy, accurately following test plan, and working assigned issues to closure. Promptly document any defects following designated Defect Reporting Process.
# Perform other assigned duties appropriate to your knowledge and skill level as necessary to support the teams test effort.
– Learn to work on issues where analysis of situations or data requires evaluation of variable factors.
– Learn to exercise judgment in selecting methods, techniques and evaluation criteria for obtaining results.
– Focus internal and external interaction to maintain a better understanding of test team plans and objectives.
– Develop in to a Junior Engineer who can operate with little supervision.
– Meet with Team Lead on a weekly basis to review progress and establish goals.
– Optional responsibility: Helps with the day to day supervision of junior team members (people resources).
# The New Grad SQA will display a proven ability to understand Test principles, strong work ethic with good verbal and written skills, and the ability to function independently. A New Grad Test Engineer will also be able to follow the direction of the Senior Engineer on project tasks and follow through until completion. The principal responsibility for the New Grad Test Engineer is to learn as many different areas and functions of the LAB to expand their test knowledge; providing the foundation to grow into an effective Junior Engineer.
# The following are the responsibilities of a New Grad SQA Engineer.
– Four year Engineering degree.
– Strong work ethic with good verbal and written skills.
Job : Engineering
Primary Location : IN-IND-Pune, India
Schedule : Full-Time
Shift : Day Job
Job Number : 1410167
Reference : fresherstask.com