Company : IBM
Location : Bengaluru / Bangalore
Experience : 0 – 1 yrs
IBM has been present in India since 1992. IBM India’s solutions and services span all major industries including financial services, healthcare, government, automotive, telecommunications and education, among others. As a trusted partner with wide-ranging service capabilities, IBM helps clients transform and succeed in challenging circumstances. The diversity and breadth of the entire IBM portfolio of research, consulting, solutions, services, systems and software, uniquely distinguishes IBM India from other companies in the industry.
IBM Systems and Technology is leader in servers and Storage Systems globally. Teams at ISTL are involved in designing and developing Operating Systems including Linux, AIX, Storage Systems and High Performance Systems. Apart from these areas, teams also work on key technologies in the areas of File Systems, virtualization, Linux Kernel development and Processor Architecture.
Roles & Resposnsibilities:
• Analyze existing integrated dashboards in open source within Power Linux environments for depicting CPU/ Memory/IO usage/throughput for workloads that work seamlessly for PowerKVM environments.
• Develop extensions to the identified dashboard to
• accurately identify guest and host resource utilization, b) provide recommendations on a smaller set of debug tools to use based on identified performance patterns, c) provide recommendations based on these performance patterns and d) enable workload response time to be visible in the dashboard as well.
• As a further extension, the work would involve scaling the single host solution to aggregate the data over multiple hosts in a cloud environment.
• Main focus will be on developing Cloud based performance analysis tools which will help in Open source committee to depict the CPU/ Memory/I/O Usage on Power.
Linux kernel performance diagnosis knowledge, fluent with programming (C, scripting), basic understanding of virtualization (preferably PowerKVM) , familiarity with POWER architecture and building scalable solutions.
Reference : fresherstask.com