Experience : 3 – 7 yrs.
Location : Bangalore
Develops software solutions for EMC’s Enterprise Storage Platform VMAX, for external clients based on detailed specificationstechnology/systems consultants. Responsible for the design, development, testing, documentation and analysis of modules or features of new or upgraded software systems and products. Develops and/or executes implementation according to project plans and priorities. SW Engineers may develop a range of products including device drivers, patches, operating system modifications, EDI routines, etc. Plans, designs, develops and tests software systems or applications for software enhancements and new products.
PRINCIPAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
· Provides technical expertise in developing solutions to complex software engineering problems, which require frequent use of ingenuity and creativity. Provides work leadership to others. Interfaces with senior management to provide and obtain information and gain consensus regarding project direction.
· Collaborates well with other engineers and other engineering groups, voluntarily shares information.
· Offers proposed design changes/suggestions to processes and products, exerts significant latitude in determining objectives of an assignment.
· May be accountable for overall product and/or serve as a customer advocate. May represent organization as principal customer contact.
· Interacts cross functionally on matters that require coordination across functional/organizational lines.
· Significant contributor to organizational goals and objectives.
· Writes functional detailed design specs as well as responding to requirement documents and system level test plans.
· Exercises considerable latitude in determining technical objectives, without appreciable direction.
· Understands and adheres to cost/delivery/quality targets established during the program design phase.
· Works effectively with cross-functional and/or global teams, readily shares information with others.
· Required: Application Development Experience on IBM iSeries (formerly AS400) Server platform using IBM iSeries Host API’s
· Required: Strong Development Experience in ILE C, CL and DDS on IBM iSeries platform
· Required: Knowledge of IBM iSeries Software Debugging tools
· Working knowledge of IBM iSeries Clusters and Independent ASPs, PowerHA & PowerVM product knowledge a plus
· Working knowledge of Enterprise Storage Systems is highly desirable. Knowledge of EMC VMAX or Symmetrix Storage Platform will be an added plus
· Knowledge of Storage based Replication technologieslocal replication (Snaps) and remote replication (mirrors) is desirable. Knowledge of EMC Timefinder and EMC SRDF technologies will be an added plus
· Problem solving skills.
· General knowledge and application of engineering concepts.
· Communication skills.
· Ability to analyze information and draw accurate conclusions.
· Time management skills.
· Ability to work in a team environment.
· Knowledge of job associated database/software/documentation.
· Understanding of business environment.
· Project management skills.
· Ability to influence others to achieve results.
· Presentation skills.