Company : Hewlett-Packard
Experience : 0 – 2 yrs.
Location : Bengaluru / Bangalore
HP isthe world’s largest provider of information technology infrastructure,software, services, and solutions to individuals and organizations of allsizes. Ranked 10 on the Fortune 500 list for 2012, HP brings together aportfolio to serve more than 1 billion customers in over 170 countries on sixcontinents. HP invents, engineers, and delivers technology solutions thatdrive business value, create social value, and improve the lives of ourclients.
At HP, we live for the big idea, the next great discovery. “Invent”is more than a word: it’s who we are. Our innovations in the keystrategic areas of Big Data, Cloud, Mobility, and Security help shape thetechnology industry. Everything we do, we do to make technology morepractical, usable, and valuable to our customers. Are you ready to giveyour career the boost it deserves?
INTRODUCTION TO ROLE
As aSoftware Engineer you will join an industry-leading organization and getengaged in the full lifecycle development of the most advanced products and servicessolutions. You will have the opportunity to work with a global productteam for software debugging, development and release management during the fullproduct lifecycle. Aligning with HP’s technical career path, HP offersyou both vertical and horizontal growth in engineering, IT, and services.
Software Engineer within HPStoreOnce business unit. Responsibilities include:
• Designand test HP software and products
• Design and implement features and platform componentsrequirements
• Involved in the full software development lifecycle
• Work with various developers, product designers, and customer supportengineers within the company to deliver high quality defect fixes andenhancements that follow the overall product direction
• Attend design and code reviews
• Outline and write high-level technical design documents for products
• Strong Bachelor or Master degree (completed prior to start date) in computer science, software engineering, computer engineering, information systems or related fields
• Software programing knowledge and/or experience in one or more of the following: C, C++, or Java
• Software test experience
• Enterprise development knowledge and/or experience with databases such as SQL Server, Oracle, MySQL and experience on Linux shell script, Windows programming
• Ability to effectively articulate technical challenges and solutions
• Passion for technology
• Eager, quick learner with strong team work spirit
• Excellent oral and written English communication skills
• Agile development environment knowledge and/or experience
• Software product R&D or debugging experience
• Prior internship experience
• Leadership experience
• Able to perform in a fast-paced, demanding environment
• Knowledge of enterprise storage or backup
• Cloud software development experience
• Web development – knowledge and/or experience in one or more of the following: HTML5, CSS, XML, Python, XAML
Reference : fresherstask.com