Company : Unilever
Location :Bengaluru / Bangalore
Experience : 3 – 7 yrs.
Network Services Director(Job Number: 1500082U)
Primary Location : India-Karnataka-Bangalore-ETSC – Bangalore
No matter who you are, orin the world you are, the chances are that our products are a familiar part of your daily routine.
Every day, around the world, people reach for Unilever products. Our brands are trusted everywhere and, by listening to the people who buy them, we’ve grown into one of the world’s most successful consumer goods companies. In fact, 150 million times a day, someone somewhere chooses a Unilever product.
Look in your fridge, or on the bathroom shelf, and you’re bound to see one of our well-known brands. We create market and distribute the products that people choose to feed their families and keep themselves and their homes clean and fresh.
Job Title : Network Services Director
Job Location : Bangalore, India
Department : ISD, Network Services
Business Context and Main Purpose of the Job
The Network Services Director has overall responsibility for achieving agreed service levels and business cases with internal teams and strategic partners ensuring thatcontractual obligations are fulfilled for both parties.
The role leads the service governance organization and trains the governance resources on their responsibilities and duties. The role develops, directs, implements, and coordinates activities and processes to manage the relationship with the Supplier/s andother impacted Unilever Stakeholders.
The Network Services Director plays a major role in managing and delivering change and business unit expectations as well as in resolving escalated operational and non-operational issues related to Network Services. The role manages the professional and corporate interface relationship with the Supplier/s
· Is responsible for ensuring the provision and performance of Network Services which meet the standards, quality and cost demanded by Unilever in a timely and cost effective manner.
· Sources and manages external partners, engaging with professionals in related disciplines (e.g. procurement specialists, lawyers) as appropriate, and is responsible for negotiation of major contracts, and changes to contracts for the supply of services related to Network Services.appropriate, seeks to consolidate contracts, gaining economies of scale and cost savings.
· Oversees the specification of services, ensuring that service levels and specifications are negotiated with end user management and suppliers. Typically, has sole responsibility for large and mission critical contracts, or is head of a team handling such contracts.
· Obtains and manages budgets for the execution of Network Services, taking responsibility for promoting the products and/or services within Unilever.appropriate, ensures that penalties for under-delivery are effectively administered and executed.
· Acts as the high-level point of contact for Network Services related matters, ensuring thatcommunications between suppliers and Unilever take place effectively, efficiently and in a timely manner. Is the final point of escalation for most significant issues or problems raised by the supplier, users or own staff, and arbitrates in situationsthe team members feel unable to deal with the issue themselves without more senior management support or advice.
· Ensures proper monitoring of the contracts related to Network Services and initiates actions, including the enforcement of any penalty clauses, to bring contracts back into line or to terminate them.
· Ensures that subjective views of suppliers’ performance by own staff and the rest of Unilever are taken into account, and monitors the actions taken to maintain and improve the service, including negotiation of changes to the contract or SLA. Publishes performance and service improvement results.
· Develops and deploys mechanisms which lead to positive relationships between Unilever and the Supplier/s, including developing and maintaining effective relationships with the senior levels of management in Supplier organisation. Is responsible for the overall management and development of the commercial relationships.
· Within a budgetary framework and with full accountability, takes management responsibility for Network Servicesthe measure of success depends on achieving business goals, performance targets and agreed service levels.
· On the basis of both experience and foresight, sets up and maintains a risk management programme. In the event of a crisis, minimises its effect and manages resolution so as to bring the situation to a satisfactory conclusion.
· Contributes to policy making including strategic planning, procurement, staff development and rewards, choice of methods and standards and the marketing and selling of services and products. Sets targets, and ensures that service performance is monitored and maintained as defined within the agreed service level agreements stated in the contract. Ensures that detailed metrics and records are kept and that appropriate action is initiated to maintain service levels. Identifies and implements new service performance metrics
· A strong and self-confident leadership and influencing style, being able to make an immediate impact with suppliers and customers. Strong leadership and communication skills
· Ability to inspire confidence in delivery, a strong service focus
· Excellent understanding of service delivery and setting of service levels
· Flexibility to adjust to changing business requirements
· Command of content of the IT computing operations
· Strong business awareness, understanding the broader context in which IT delivery has an impact on overall business performance.
· Proven track-record in leadership of multinational global team.
· Experience of outsourcing and off-shoring
· Strong networking and influencing skills
· Development of business cases for technology investment
· Negotiation skills
· Ability to work effectively under pressure
· Proven experience in managing IT Service providers and suppliers in delivering IT projects and IT services in a global context
· Strong appreciation of the service and governance processes and challenges
· Strong appreciation of the IT infrastructure and application area in a complex cross-regional environment
· Proven experience of leading and managing teams in a diverse and extended logistical environment
· Excellent commercial awareness and understanding of providing TCO models
· Good knowledge of structured Service delivery methodologies such as ITIL
· Good knowledge of supplier management best practice
· Good project management skills
· Understanding of operational controls for risk and compliance
· Experience of RFP with a range of suppliers for the service tower environmentApply Now
Reference : fresherstask.com