Ernst & Young Ltd Recruiting Mobile QA Engineer @ Trivandrum
Company : Ernst & Young Pvt. Ltd
Location : Thiruvananthapuram
Experience : 3 – 4 yrs.
QA Engineer (Mobile) – Staff – GSS0019X
As ‘QA Test Engineer (Mobile) – Staff’ you will be responsible for testing of Web/Mobile Applications against Requirements, developing test cases meeting the Quality and Project Testing needs and provide Test Reports.
QA Engineer – Staff
1. Testing of Mobile/Web Applications developed for various Mobile devices on different platforms for Functional, Usability, Performance and Security aspects
2. Understand the Requirements (Business & Technical) for the Application developed for a specific Mobile device and its Operating platform
3. Work closely with Mobile Solution Engineering team to understand the specifics of the Application, Mobile device & operating platform on which the Application would run and due considerations
4. Review Design and provide feedback considering Testability of the Application/ Solution
5. Provide inputs to Test Lead/ Manager on Test Strategy and Test Planning
6. Perform Test Case design, identify any opportunity for Test Automation and Perform automation. Develop Test Cases both Manual and Automation Scripts as applicable
7. Perform Test Environment readiness check
8. Execute Testing, log defects and report the progress to Test Lead/ Manager. Liaise with Mobile Solution Engineering Team & other relevant team for Defect resolution
9. Provide Test Results and other inputs for creating Test Report and Test Sign off documentation
10. Participate and provide updates on Testing in Project/ Release meetings
11. Assist Test Lead/ Manager in capturing and reporting Test Metrics. Provide required support in Analysis of metrics and implementation of improvement actions, as necessary
12. Good communication skills – must be able to communicate with on-site teams across the globe
13. Good to have experience in financial domainsBanking, Insurance etc.
• Contribute to people initiatives including recruiting, retaining and training
• Should come up with innovative and smart ways of doing work, without compromising on quality
• Understand and follow workplace policies and procedures
• Overall 3-4 years of experience in Testing Enterprise Applications- Web/Mobile Applications, Web Services and backend SQL Server Testing.
• Should have excellent communication skills & should be able to articulate concisely & clearly
• Should be an individual contributor and when required should be able to Lead a small team
• Experience in Functional Testing of Mobile Applications for Android Platform, iPhone/ iPad (iOS) and Blackberry (RIM). Experience/ exposure to Usability (User experience) Testing in Mobile Devices is a plus
• Experience/ exposure to Application testing on Windows Mobile platforms is desirable
• Good understand of Mobile Technology3G, GPRS, Wi-Fi etc. Knowledge of MDM (Mobile Device Management) & Security aspects is preferred
• Knowledge in Application connectivity with Mobile Technology and backend Systems is preferred. Understanding of Mobile enterprise connectivity solutionsGOOD for Enterprise and GOOD Dynamics is desirable
• Knowledge of Mobile Application Management- control, security and compliance with respect to Mobile Application distribution & deployment is desirable. Understanding of Enterprise mobile infrastructure and cross platform development platformsPyxis and other MEAP is desirable
• Should have a flair for learning emerging technologies in Mobile space and developing Innovative thinking in Mobile Testing
• Experience in backend testing of SQL server is a plus
• Hands on experience with Test Management and Defect Management tools including HP QC
• Good to have hands on experience in Test Automation & Frameworks. Experience in VB Script and Java Script is an added advantage.
• Knowledge of Performance testing is an added advantage.
• Exposure to Global Projects and working with Clients in US and UK is desirable
• Good understanding of Project Life Cycle and Test Life Cycle
Reference : fresherstask.com