RTI International Hiring Project Manager @ Pune
Company : RTI International
Location : Pune
Experience : 3 – 7 yrs
Job Title: Project Manager, India
Job ID: 16080
Location: India;Asia Region
Full/Part Time: Full-Time
The Project Manager will lead and manage the field-testing of new sanitation technologies in and near Coimbatore. In this role, the Project Manager will work closely with RTI US and India-based staff, Gates Foundation staff, technology companies, survey firms and public and private stakeholders (government, partner universities/organizations, apartment complex management, landowners, tenants, utility companies, etc.) that will be engaged directly and indirectly in the field-testing planning and implementation.
The candidate will have expertise in the testing of new technologies and/or innovations in field/community settings and possess strong project management experience. This individual will play a key role in the on-the-ground management of the field-testing of sanitation technologies, and serve as the primary local point of contact forstakeholders involved in the field-testing. A full description of responsibilities and requirements are listed below.
This position is a great opportunity for a successful mid-career professional seeking an opportunity that requires both strong technology/technical and programme management skills. The candidate will work closely with and be supported by a team of technical and programme advisors based in RTI’s U.S. STeP project offices.
Technical and Management Roles and Responsibilities
• Ultimately responsible for directing field-testing management and operations, including financial management, cost control, partner/stakeholder management, programme planning, performance monitoring, financial reporting, and client/stakeholder/community relations.
• Coordinate local and international support as required for timely and high quality field-testing of sanitation technologies.
• Ensure that project activities are meeting client and stakeholder expectations.
• Liaise with government, local organizations, and programme partners.
• Manage local subcontractors/survey firms as needed.
• Ensure the timely and quality completion offield-testing technical and financial deliverables/ reports.
• Provide technical and management assistance to local subcontractors/partners as needed.
• Meet weekly by phone with the India Country Lead to discuss programme implementation and progress of start-up and technical activities.
• Diploma or Bachelor’s level degree in an engineering/technology field; OR Bachelor’s/Master’s level degree in Social Work, Public Health, International Development or related field;
• Candidates must have at least 3 years (for holders of Master’s degree) or 5-6 years (for holders of Diploma/Bachelor’s degree) of progressive experience in the management of projects, preferably in community settings.
• Demonstrated success managing against programmatic and financial targets and deliverables.
• Experience engaging/working with communities to promote social messaging or other public service activities.
• Strong project management skills and an ability to stick to tight project deadlines and timelines.
• Expertise in the adoption of new technologies and/or innovations in field/community settings.
• Ability to grasp and effectively communicate to various stakeholders how new technologies work, and ability to synthesize feedbackcommunity on the technologies.
• Ability to work in a dynamic programme implementation environment that requires timely results and adaptability of approaches.
• Ability to work with multiple public and private stakeholders, ability to troubleshoot and solve problems in real-time.
• Excellent oral and written communication and presentation skills.
• Proven track record in building successful relationships with donors, partners, community and stakeholders.
• Excellent interpersonal and relationship building skills.
• Ability to produce thorough, high quality work within a tight timeframe.
• Flexibility and ability to handle multiple tasks and work collaboratively within a matrix-oriented environment.
• Must be fluent (writing and speaking) in English and Tamil.
Compensation for this position is based on RTI’s India national compensation plan. Only short-listed applicants will be contacted.
Reference : fresherstask.com