Company : IBM
Location : Bengaluru / Bangalore
Experience : 2 – 3 yrs.
IBM has been present in India since 1992. IBM India’s solutions and services spanmajor industries including financial services, healthcare, government, automotive, telecommunications and education, among others. As a trusted partner with wide-ranging service capabilities, IBM helps clients transform and succeed in challenging circumstances. The diversity and breadth of the entire IBM portfolio of research, consulting, solutions, services, systems and software, uniquely distinguishes IBM Indiaother companies in the industry.
Strategic Operations Delivery is a key element of IBM’s globally integrated capability. SO Delivery group works with companies ofsizes, in just about every country imaginable; to provide customers with the best technology services. Through the management of clients’ IT environments, the group seeks to improve, enhance and transform business, creating significant cost and performance efficiencies. Leveraging efficient processes and tools and combining it with world-class infrastructure, high-quality and skilled resource base, SO Delivery group provides end-to-end IT Infrastructure Management Services (24x7x365) to IBM clients worldwide. Key services offered include: Command Center Services (includes remote monitoring of servers located worldwideIndia, Security operations and network operations), Server Systems Management, IT Security Services, IT Service Desk, Service Management & Project Management/ Transition Services.
Total years of Experience: 2 to 3 years.
Roles & Responsibilities for SQL DBA:
1. Troubleshooting database Connectivity & network related Issues.
2. Troubleshooting database performance issues and query tuning.
3. Database Clustering.
4. Patching SQL Server.
5. Installation of SQL Server.
• Work Experience in SQL Server 2000, 2005 and SQL Server 2008
• Should be willing to work in shifts
• Should have proven communication skills and experience in handling bridge calls
• Relevant Experience should be more than 2 Years
• Should have worked in Database Refresh Scenarios and Orphaned Users
• Should have experience in troubleshooting database Connectivity & network related Issues
• Should have experience in troubleshooting database performance issues and query tuning
• Should have worked in High Availability FeaturesLog Shipping, DB Mirroring and Replication
• Should have hands on experience in Database Clustering
• Experience in patching SQL Server. Experience in Installation of SQL Server would be an advantage
• Experience in ITIL would an added advantage
• Should have understanding about the database audits
At least 2 years experience in SQL DBA
At least 2 years experience in Performance Tuning
At least 2 years experience in Back-up and Restore
Reference : fresherstask.com