IBM Hiring Associate Technical Support Engineers @ Bangalore, Hyderabad
Company Name : IBM
Location :Bengaluru / Bangalore, Hyderabad/Secunderabad
Experience : 0 – 2 yrs.
IBM has been present in India since 1992. IBM India’s solutions and services spanmajor industries including financial services, healthcare, government, automotive, telecommunications and education, among others. As a trusted partner with wide-ranging service capabilities, IBM helps clients transform and succeed in challenging circumstances. The diversity and breadth of the entire IBM portfolio of research, consulting, solutions, services, systems and software, uniquely distinguishes IBM Indiaother companies in the industry.
The IBM Global Account (IGA) is in partnership with the IBM CIO and IBM’s BTIT leadership in providing IT services to IBM India and its business units. It supports the technology that manages IBM’s operations and underpins IBM’s business transformation. By providing application management services, business transformation outsourcing services and infrastructure services, IBMers everywhere in India are able to connect to the IBM network and use On Demand Workplace (w3) and IT tools such as IBM Standard Software Installer, Lotus Notes, and Same time. IGA can be considered a virtual “living lab” showcasing IBM products, technology and on demand capabilities.
• You will be involved in Providing Voice & E-Mail Technical Help Desk Services support to IBM Internal End Users and External Commercial Account End Users across North America, EMEA & AP.
• You require to handle inbound calls / emails / chats regarding technical issues for end users
• Ability to identify basic hardware parts and aware of basic hardware concepts.
• User level familiarity with at least one e-mail client – Outlook, Notes etc.
• Skilled in commercially standard software applications and major desktop operating systems.
• Awareness of basic networking concepts and technologies.
• Questioning skills /probing skills, as relevant to the issue and level of the caller.
• Fluency in Communications Skills (both spoken and written)/ soft skills.
Shifts will 24×7 in nature and can vary depending on geographies supported
Bachelor’s Degree/ Diploma ( 15 Years + education )
Basic knowledge in Connectivity troubleshooting, TCP/IP, Dial-up, Token Ring, Ethernet, LAN/WAN
Basic knowledge in Understanding of operating systems, Windows 2000/NT/XP configuration options and troubleshooting