Company : Thomson Reuters
Experience : Bengaluru / Bangalore
Location : 5 – 7 yrs.
Title:Senior Quality Assurance Analyst
Position Overview:We are looking for an experienced and motivated Senior QA Professional with 5 – 7 years of experience in Quality Assurance. Your job is to understand functional and technical project requirements and to apply the most efficient methods in test automation and exploratory testing. There will be opportunities for you to build your own tools and design test-automation systemsthe ground up. You will work closely with Developers. You will need to self-learn in the subject-domains relevant to your testing, whether this be with editorial systems or technical and testing systems, concepts or methods. You should be able to articulate and able to communicate with technical and non-technical people.The Sr. Quality Assurance Analyst will continuously assure we meet customer expectations and achieve product satisfaction by maintaining our successful testing strategies that focus on defect prevention throughout our processes.
– Primary responsibilities of this position will include Requirement understanding, designing and writing test Strategy for a wide variety of tests (functional, regression, Database)requirements specifications. Also require to write/review testcase to ensure complete coverage of testing scope.
– Should be able to prioritize tasks within the project, execute tasks with minimal supervision or guidance, work in a rapidly changing environment, and interact on a daily basis with Development Team, Product Team, Application Support Team, QA testers and other staffs globally.
– Other key responsibilities include executing test procedures within an established testing window, tracking and managing defects, and reporting testing status on time to Manager and stake holders.
– Should posses great thrust of self learning and high degree of commitemnt for ontime deliveries.
– Should be able to highlight the issue/risk at appropriate time to lead/manager
– Complete the objectives of each assignment within the agreed timeframe
– Test case/scripts development and execution as well as defect tracking
– Support Quality Assurance related work for associated stakeholdersEssential
– Perform system tests, functional tests, Integration tests etc
– Should have ability to work on Manual and Automation in parallel
– Design & develop automation Framework and scripts using QTP 11/Sikuli or any UI coding tool and should be ready with the automated script before the build is given to QA.
– Should follow the agile methodology in entire testing cycle.
– Collaborate with Development on design decisions and direction for web application requirements
– Evaluate and test new/existing features according to business and functional requirements
– Discover new methodology/technologies for testing and adapt to dynamic business requirements
– Identify, assess, and report defects via Jira (defect tracking system).
– Validate that user expectations are achieved during the testing process
– Participate in the entire testing processproject inception through QA sign-off
– Work independently, handling and supporting a dynamic schedule, multiple environments, test cycles.
– Perform Root Cause Analysis and corodiante with Developers to get it resolved.
– Develop and distribute regular status reports and test metrics as appropriate.
– Collaborate with development and product management teams to assess and manage project riskRequired Skills :5+ years of QA experience in testing using manual and automation process.
– Solid hands on experience in QTP and should have implemented the framework at work place
– Strong knowledge of Software Testing Lifecycle and Testing methodologies
– Solid hands on experience with requirement analysis and test script development of manual and automated testing, test plan creation and reviewing test cases.
– Knowledge in databases (SQL or ORACLE). Ability to understand schemas and write basic/complex SQL queries using joins.
– Should be proficient in using HP test tools including Quality Center 11.0
– Strong attention to detail and good organizational, analysis and problem solving skills
– Strong analytical skills enabling comprehension of complex business rules/logic
– Ability to meet deadlines, goals and objectives within stipulated timeline.
– Good verbal and written communication skills
– At times you may need to keep a flexible work schedule to have 1-2 hours of overlap with colleagues in other part of globe
– Should be able to work independently under general supervisionQA Manager or QA Lead. Be proactive in solving day-to-day issues.Preferred Skills :xposure to any/many of the scripting language or technologies: C++, C#, Java, Python, Web Services
– VB Scripting or writing Macros
We are the leading source of intelligent information for the world’s businesses and professionals, providing customers with competitive advantage. Intelligent information is a unique synthesis of human intelligence, industry expertise and innovative technology that provides decision-makers with the knowledge to act, enabling them to make better decisions faster. We deliver this must-have insight to the financial and risk, legal, tax and accounting, intellectual property and science and media markets, powered by the world’s most trusted news organization.
Education :Bachelors or any equivalent degree. Acceptable if candidate is more qualified.At Thomson Reuters, we believe what we do matters. We are passionate about our work, inspired by the impact it has on our business and our customers. As a team, we believe in winning as one – collaborating to reach shared goals, and developing through challenging and meaningful experiences. With over 60,000 employees in more than 100 countries, we work flexibly across boundaries and realize innovations that help shape industries around the world. Making this happen is a dynamic, evolving process, and we count on each employee to be a catalyst in driving our performance – and their own.
Reference : fresherstask.com