Company Name : Cisco Systems
Location : Bangalore
Experience : 0 – 3 yrs.
The Business Entity:
Cisco seeks a Network Engineer to build, maintain, administer and support large TAC Lab environment containing Cisco and other equipment
Network engineer’s Responsibilities:
Build and manage TAC Lab Network and Server infrastructure
• Order equipment as per the business requirement
• Receive and verify ordered equipment
• Install and Configure Lab infrastructure equipment
• Configure and Manage VMware, Linux and Windows servers
Roles and Responsibilities:
• Maintain list of equipment in lab using web tools
• Conduct periodic audits to maintain up to date inventory
Re-create the customer network as required to resolve complex network issues and maintain SLAs.
• Work closely with TAC engineers to understand the customer environment
• Re-create customer networks and help TAC engineers to resolve issues Flexible working in 24/7 environment.
● Core Skills
• Hands on experience with Cisco network equipment, server and storage installation, support and maintenance
• Strong knowledge of Routing, Switching and various networking protocols.
– Knowledge in security, wireless and VOIP domains is a added advantage
– Support a variety of engineers across multiple technical efforts
– Should be able to provide L3 support for Lab issues
– Strong knowledge in infrastructure design and implementation
– Strong troubleshooting skills
– Experience on Network management tools
• Linux/Solaris , Windows and VMWARE installation administration experience will be a added advantage
• Build simulated networks in test labs to resolve highly complex customer network issues.
– Excellent written and verbal interpersonal skills. Interfaces cross-functionally at the working team level.
– Ability to plan and implement projects
– Visualize road map for Lab improvements based on the business requirements
– Ability to work independently with minimum inputs
– Should be a strong team player
Successful candidate should have 6 to 8 years experience as a Network administrator and be should willing to work in shift hours.
Education Qualifications :
BE or BTech degree / Diploma in Computer Science or EEE preferred.
CCNP, MCSC and Solaris Certification are desirable.
The Internet of Everything is a phenomenon driving new opportunities for Cisco and it’s transforming our customers’ businesses worldwide.
We are pioneers and have been since the early days of connectivity.
Today, we are building teams that are expanding our technology solutions in the mobile, cloud, security, IT, and big data spaces, including software and consulting services.
As Cisco delivers the network that powers the Internet, we are connecting the unconnected. Imagine creating unprecedented disruption.
Your revolutionary ideas will impact everythingretail, healthcare, and entertainment, to public and private sectors, and far beyond.
Collaborate with like-minded innovators in a fun and flexible culture that has earned Cisco global recognition as a Great Place To Work.
With roughly 10 billion connected things in the world now and over 50 billion estimated in the future, your career has exponential possibilities at Cisco.