Company : Nokia Networks
Location : Chennai
Experience : 3 – 7 yrs.
Nokia invests in technologies important in a worldbillions of devices are connected. We are focused on three businesses: network infrastructure software, hardware and services, which we offer through Nokia Networks; location intelligence, which we provide through HERE; and advanced technology development and licensing, which we pursue through Nokia Technologies. Each of these businesses is a leader in its respective field.
Through Networks, Nokia is the world’s specialist in mobile broadband.the first ever call on GSM, to the first call on LTE, we operate at the forefront of each generation of mobile technology. Our global experts invent the new capabilities our customers need in their networks. We provide the world’s most efficient mobile networks, the intelligence to maximize the value of those networks, and the services to make itwork seamlessly.
Manage projects or large scale sub projects independently ensuring scope delivery and quality. Ensure customer satisfaction with delivery and implementation services. Has overall cost management responsibility for the project or sub project.
Main Responsibility Area
Leads and manages the Network Planning and Optimisation customer project/subproject. Performs the project initiation, preparation, execution, monitoring, controlling and closing according to NSN project processes and principles.
Main Responsibility Areas:
– Preparing, planning, executing, monitoring, controlling and closing the project or subproject (region, zone, phase) according to contractual scope and commitment against project budget
– Ensure implementation of NPO services in delivery scope and final NPO acceptance
– Plan and communicate accurate resource demand figures for demand planning process
– Ensure thatproject targets are met e.g. progress, quality and cost by using global tools, interfaces and standard process milestones
– Lead and monitor the NPO project/sub project team including partner/service suppliers
– Responsibility for the project cost baseline in own responsibility area.
The NPO Project Manager will be working closely with Solution Consultants (SC), Project Managers (PM), Customer Teams (CT) and other NSN colleagues
Manage network design/Optimization and tuning activities in the Customer project to ensure fulfillment of contractual targets and customer expectations within Cost baseline. Ensure appropriate claim management and quality standards for delivering the Network Design & Tuning services in scope.
– Responsible for the general management of the entire Network Design and Optimization & Tuning team, which includes but is not limited to radio planning, transmission planning and fixed / core network planning
– Establishes the project team organization and definesresponsibilities & scopes of work, management of the staff
– Manages the Network Planning and optimization process according the defined time schedule, quality criteria and cost efficiency targets set by NSN.
– Supervises milestone status reporting towards internal management and customer; Continuous identification, evaluations and tracking of risks (performances and project delivery timelines)
– Responsible for the successful acceptance ofNetwork Planning and optimization work.
Proven NW Optimisation and Planning experience
Project Management Skills:
• Defines procedures and requirements regarding quality management (audit, certification, tests, acceptance).
• Identifies the requirements.
• Estimating PM effort, and reviewing estimates provided by engineering
• Prepare offer baseline of project management plan-PMP, budget and schedule
• Execute against the PM Process (initiate, plan, execute, control, close)
• Prepares delivery baseline of PMP, budget and schedule agreed with customer and CT
– project cost, schedule and quality;
– risks, issues and changes according to NSN Methodology, presenting the latter to the project stakeholders;
– customer expectations and delivering a high level of customer satisfaction;
– locally and centrally forproject scope items;
– contractors, sub contractors and 3rd party service and equipment suppliers;
• Ensuresproject documentation is produced and stored as appropriate;
Project control and communication:
• Create basic conditions in order to improve the teamwork within the project, permitting the clear definition of: the project, communications concept, decision and escalation rules.
• Evaluate the project goals and the team work
• Guide the project team and their meetings.
• Establish the relationship between the project members.
• Drives the project in order to recognize discrepancies and to deal with it timely… Project Closing:
• At the end of every project, provides individual feedback to employees.
• Creates lessons learned documentation
Reference : fresherstask.com