Company Name : Cisco Systems
Location : Bangalore
Experience : 0 – 3 yrs.
Requisition #: R987759
The Business Entity:
Cisco seeks a Network Engineer to build, maintain, administer and support large TAC Lab environment containing Cisco and other equipment
Network engineer’s Responsibilities:
Build and manage TAC Lab Network and Server infrastructure
• Order equipment as per the business requirement
• Receive and verify ordered equipment
• Install and Configure Lab infrastructure equipment
• Configure and Manage VMware, Linux and Windows servers
Roles and Responsibilities:
• Maintain list of equipment in lab using web tools
• Conduct periodic audits to maintain up to date inventory
Re-create the customer network as required to resolve complex network issues and maintain SLAs.
• Work closely with TAC engineers to understand the customer environment
• Re-create customer networks and help TAC engineers to resolve issues Flexible working in 24/7 environment.
● Core Skills
• Hands on experience with Cisco network equipment, server and storage installation, support and maintenance
• Strong knowledge of Routing, Switching and various networking protocols.
– Knowledge in security, wireless and VOIP domains is a added advantage
– Support a variety of engineers across multiple technical efforts
– Should be able to provide L3 support for Lab issues
– Strong knowledge in infrastructure design and implementation
– Strong troubleshooting skills
– Experience on Network management tools
• Linux/Solaris , Windows and VMWARE installation administration experience will be a added advantage
• Build simulated networks in test labs to resolve highly complex customer network issues.
– Excellent written and verbal interpersonal skills. Interfaces cross-functionally at the working team level.
– Ability to plan and implement projects
– Visualize road map for Lab improvements based on the business requirements
– Ability to work independently with minimum inputs
– Should be a strong team player Successful candidate should have 6 to 8 years experience as a Network administrator and be should willing to work in shift hours.
Education Qualifications :
BE or BTech degree / Diploma in Computer Science or EEE preferred.
CCNP, MCSC and Solaris Certification are desirable.