Amazon Recruiting Freshers as Software Development Engineer @ Bangalore
Company Name : Amazon
Location : Bangalore
Experience : 0 – 3 yrs.
The Seller Services (Seller Experience) division is one of the fastest growing businesses within Amazon.
There are over 2.4 million merchants, rangingstudents selling their text books to nation-wide retail chains, selling on Amazon’s international marketplaces. Collectively, these merchants are responsible for selling about 1/3rd ofitems orderedAmazon.com world-wide.
The revenue and free cash flow generated by the Seller Services business are at the same proportions.
This is an already-large business that is continuing to grow at a high rate year-over-year and we have several new initiatives that will further accelerate this trend.
The technology platform is the cornerstone for our growth.
The team is investing heavily in building a highly scalable global platform that can handle millions of transactions every month worth billions of dollars while maintaining buyer’s and seller’s trust on the platform.
The team aspires to provide sellers with state-of-the-art tools using technologies such as Machine Learning,
Natural Language Processing for managing their business.
This unique combination of technologies has enabled the team to create a niche for the team within Amazon.
The development team in Hyderabad, India has theter to build this exhaustive platform for Sellers.
We are looking for a development engineer for the Hyderabad team who is passionate about global development and building highly scalable and extensible platforms.
The engineer will need to have strong focus on engineering excellence and performance metrics.
He or she will also have very strong communication skills.
0-3 years of experience in product development working on highly scalable systems
Passion for building scalable, global, complex systems to solve problems with proven ability to deliver high quality software.
Solid understanding of Object-Oriented design and concepts.
Expert knowledge of Java, C/C++ is a must. Knowledge of Perl/Python would be an added advantage
Should be comfortable with working on Unix/Linux based operating systems
Self-directed and capable of working effectively in a highly innovative and fast-paced environment.
BS or MS in Computer Science or in a relevant Engineering discipline.
Understanding of databases solutions and previous record of having worked on high performing solutions would be a big plus
Experience in developing new frameworks and an inclination of developing a product instead of a customized application
· Candidates must demonstrate technical leadership, strong verbal and written communication skills
· Candidate must have a strong customer focus
· Technical aptitude to quickly grasp complex technical issues and communicate directly with technical teams
· Proven track record of taking ownership and driving results on technical projects
· 0-3 years of experience in product development working on highly scalable systems
· Passion for building scalable, global, complex systems to solve problems with proven ability to deliver high quality software.
· Solid understanding of Object-Oriented design and concepts.
· Experience of Test Driven Development methodology is an advantage
· Expert knowledge of Java or C/C++ is a must. Knowledge of Perl & Python would be an added advantage
· Ability to innovate and think out of box solutions