|Experience||0 – 5 year|
|Skills||Java or C++ programming.|
|Last date to apply||july 2015|
About Company :
The Boeing Research & Technology Center established in Bangalore during 2009, conducts research in areas related to improving the technologies and design methods for current and future aerospace products. Besides doing in-house research, the Center is also partnering with selected Academic Institutions, Government Laboratories and Private Enterprises across India.
- The Centre has an immediate opening for a software development engineer in the area of Network and Web Technologies, client-server programming and hosted apps development. Work includes development of comprehensive software architectures, requirement review, software development, verification, deployment and validation
- The selected individual will be required to develop code in languages such as C/C++/Java and have working knowledge of Service Oriented Architecture, Distributed Communications Protocols, network protocols and network programming.
- The selected individual will be responsible for development of systems supporting advances in within airplane communication networks. In addition the engineer will participate in developing future vision and direction of Boeing’s Research and Technology in this field.
- The selected individual is expected to grow into the role of a subject matter expert within Boeing.
- This position will be located in the Boeing Research and Technology Center, Bangalore, India, and reports to the Senior Manager, Systems and Analytics.
- The selected individual will work closely with teams of engineers located in India and in the US. The selected individual will develop and maintain relationships/partnerships with Boeing internal customers, stakeholders, peers, and partners to develop collaborative plans and execute on projects.
- This selected individual will document results of research and development projects, and provide inputs for periodic updates to Boeing management in the form of progress reports, project summaries, and other related documents. Track and evaluate performance to ensure product and process conformance to project plans and project requirements.
- This position will require occasional travel within India and internationally.
- Should have developed code using object-oriented analysis and programming languages such as C++ and Java.
- Should understand modern development tools and methodologies such as Service Oriented Architecture, Distributed Communications Protocols, network protocols and network programming, iOS, EFB, Web Services (SOAP and REST), Java Messaging Service, other message brokers and publish/subscribe methods.
- Experience in MySQL and SQL performance analysis and tuning is a good to have.
- Be a self-starter who is not afraid to proactively seek information and direction to successfully complete the statement of work.
- Demonstrate strong written, oral, presentation and interpersonal communication skills. Be fluent in written and spoken English, and familiar with MS Office tools.
- Be self-motivated and able to work independently with a positive attitude and highest ethics
- Must be able to think proactively and work collaboratively with very strong teaming skills. Must be willing to work flexible hours (early or late as needed) to interface with Boeing personnel around the world.
- This requisition is for an international, locally hired position. Candidates must be legally authorized to work in India. Boeing will not seek immigration and labor sponsorship for any applicants; this is the responsibility of the job candidate. Benefits and pay are determined at the local level and are not part of Boeing U.S.-based payroll. RELOCATION BENEFITS IF INDICATED ARE LIMITED TO IN-COUNTRY MOVES AND ARE NOT AVAILABLE FOR OVERSEAS RELOCATION. THERE IS NO EXPATRIATE PACKAGE ASSOCIATED WITH THIS POSITION.