|Company Website||www. hp.com|
|Job Role||Technical Consultant|
|Last Date to apply||August 2015|
About Company :
HP is the world’s largest provider of information technology infrastructure, software, services, and solutions to individuals and organizations ofsizes. Ranked 10 on the Fortune 500 list for 2012, HP brings together a portfolio to serve more than 1 billion customers in over 170 countries on six continents. HP invents, engineers, and delivers technology solutions that drive business value, create social value, and improve the lives of our clients.
At HP, we live for the big idea, the next great discovery. “Invent” is more than a word: it’s who we are. Our innovations in the key strategic areas of Big Data, Cloud, Mobility, and Security help shape the technology industry. Everything we do, we do to make technology more practical, usable, and valuable to our customers. Are you ready to give your career the boost it deserves?
INTRODUCTION TO ROLE
As a Presales Consultant, you will join an industry-leading organization and get engaged in promoting HP’s portfolio of products and solutions. You will have the opportunity to take part in defining, developing, and supporting the sales process for technology and solutions. You will work directly with account teams and on account transactions. You will focus on areas of technical expertise within HP, providing technical consulting during sales and in the support of HP products, services, systems, and software. You will provide support to the account teams with relevant information on sales proposals, presentations, product demonstrations, and customer trainings. Aligning with HP’s internal career development framework, HP offers you both vertical and horizontal growth in sales and/or related fields that would best match your strengths and passions.
- Research and gather information to develop an accurate understanding of the customer’s technology infrastructure
- Provide account teams with relevant information, analysis, and recommendations
- Contribute to the creation of technical solutions to meet the customer requirements, and adapt design solutions as new requirements arise
- Maintain excellent communications with customers and advance opportunities effectively
- Actively support the account team in the creation of proposals, presentations, product demonstrations, and other customer communications
- Collaborate across teams to engage additional technical resources as needed
- Bachelor’s degree (completed prior to start date) in business, computer science, or related fields
- Passion for technology and people
- Eager, quick learner with strong team-work spirit
- Excellent oral and written English communication skills
- Prior internship experience with a technology company
- Leadership experience in university and/or participation in extracurricular activities in student organizations and/or community service