|Job Role||Associate Software QA Engineer|
|Last date to apply||Within 15 Days|
About Company :
- The engineering team at McAfee is seeking a self-motivated QA engineer who is passionate about quality and innovation in test and test automation. The role will require:
- Developing a strong knowledge of the products and related technology to manage the engineering infrastructure and environment.
- Planning and support for installation, configuration, and testing of workstation and server hardware, software, LAN and WAN networks, and operating and system management systems; maintaining system and operational policies and procedures and providing support to users.
- Executing automated tests, analyzing and accurately reporting the results, and providing sign off on daily content releases that meet the highest quality expectations.
- Promptly identifying and escalating defects; working with cross site and cross functional teams to isolate problem; and tracking the issues to complete resolution.
- Performing duties associated with the role of a QA Engineer within McAfee such as create test documentation, participate in document and process reviews, configure the testing environment, liaise with other functional groups, verify defect fixes etc.
- Deep understanding of Quality standardsGS5000, ISO 9000 and modelsCMMI. Authors detailed software quality requirements to meet Intel quality standards.
- Works with product development teams throughout the product development life cycle to ensure software quality requirements and goals are established and met.
- Trains the team on quality engineering practices. Drives effective software practices to ensure project work products comply with applicable standards, requirements.
- Provides input into program deliverables /milestones regarding quality (resources, schedule, goals, etc.)
- Drives actionsprevious post-project reviews to closure as part of Product development team (PDT), including process/work product audits.
- Qualifications Associate Software QA Engineer – Endpoint Protection
- Grade : G3 @ Intel
- Min 1-3 yrs Software QA/Testing Experience
- Ability to create, modify and review test scripts.
- Enter defects and FMR’s (Feature Modification Request) into the bug tracking database to a high standard.
- Good understanding and ability to apply aggressive bug finding techniques.
- Good knowledge of SDLC.
- Good understanding of QA processes and concepts including defect life cycle, defect classification guidelines,
- Test Script preparation, testing methodologies.
- Able to describe a bug accurately and clearly.
- Automation skills – PERL is preferred one; Develop, maintain, and execute automated test tools
- Fair Knowledge of Active Directory functionalities.
- Good exposure on Windows OS family
- Good exposure on Sustaining QA Processes.
- Ability to work in a fast paced customer support environment
- Networking knowledge added advantage.
- Good problem solving skills
- Acts to promote good working relationships regardless of personal likes or dislikes.
- Must enjoy working on multiple tasks under fixed and variable release schedules
- Is able to break problems down into simple lists of tasks or activities and sorts out a list of tasks in order of importance.
- Is able to work with little supervision, appears confident and presents oneself with assurance.
- Understands own role in achieving team’s organizational goals. Aligns day to day actions with team’s challenges and opportunities.
- Takes responsibility for one’s deliverables. Plans and organizes his/ her work around these deliverables. Persists and takes steps to overcome obstacles.
- Is open to change when presented with a new perspective. Is prepared to “try out” different solutions or take a different approach.