Cisco Hiring Freshers as Software Engineer 0n Oct 2015 @ Bangalore
|Experience||0 – 2 Years|
|Skills||Core Java ,OOPS , C, C++, Agile,Set top Box|
|Job Role||Software Engineer|
|Last date to apply||Oct 2015|
About Company :
The Internet of Everything is a phenomenon driving new opportunities for Cisco and it’s transforming our customers’ businesses worldwide. We are pioneers and have been since the early days of connectivity. Today, we are building teams that are expanding our technology solutions in the mobile, cloud, security, IT, and big data spaces, including software and consulting services. As Cisco delivers the network that powers the Internet, we are connecting the unconnected. Imagine creating unprecedented disruption. Your revolutionary ideas will impact everythingretail, healthcare, and entertainment, to public and private sectors, and far beyond. Collaborate with like-minded innovators in a fun and flexible culture that has earned Cisco global recognition as a Great Place to Work. With roughly 10 billion connected things in the world now and over 50 billion estimated in the future, your career has exponential possibilities at Cisco.
The Business Entity
The Service Provider Video Software Solutions (SPVSS) is transforming the future of Video Viewing experience through advanced software development. Our software products and technology are behind more than 300 million Set Top Boxes deployed worldwide. SPVSS develops software for STB client which includes Cisco Videoscape Multiscreen and Cloud DVR, Video Everywhere, High End EPG’s and other STB applications. Using Agile methodology, SPVSS is building a customer-centric culture with self-contained and motivated teams that have clear visibility to our customers
SPVSS Client Solution team works on Consumer electronics device – Set top boxes. We are the leading Client box solution providers across major countries in the world. As a part of Set top box development, our high performance team works in providing solutions to customer based on the product roadmap. The team is quite dynamic and displays responsibility in taking ownership and accountability in implementing and deploying the solutions. The products are built using start of the art technologiesCore Java, C and C++. The teams use Agile methodologies by the book.
Roles and Responsibilities
- Will be a part of the Agile development/engineering team as Engineer. Should be able to analyze End to End and implement customer requirements.
- As an agile developer, should be able to switch roles as developer, QC and Subject Matter Expert based on responsibility taken.
- We follow the principle of you own the implementation till deployment.
- Strong OOPs fundamentals
- Programming: C, C++
- Good Knowledge on Linux Internals
- knowledge on Core Java Programming
- Embedded systems
- Excellent team player
- Attitude to adopt, learn and being proactive.
- Good communication skills
- Should have a creative mind set
- STB knowledge
- Knowledge on Agile Software development methodology
- Basics of Linux operating system and commands familiarity.