|Experience||0 – 1 Years|
|Last date to apply||Oct 2015|
About Company :
From testing next-generation gaming systems to creating breakthrough medical devices, NI transforms the way engineers and scientists around the world design, prototype, and deploy systems for test, control, and embedded design applications.Consistently being voted as one of the best places to work, NI offers an opportunity to work and learn with the best and the brightest engineers in the country.
Role Summary/Purpose ]
This individual works on projects related to a particular function depending on their prior coursework and degree program. As part of CT program need to design the next generation platform.
- Produce drawings, layouts, and/or diagramssketches, existing drawings, electronic images, design concepts and/or verbal instructions
- Work with Engineers to capture and produce a design that capturesproduct requirements for either new or existing products
- Use computer assisted design/drafting equipment and software to develop designs
- Establish design standards, procedures and techniques to produce high reliability products (such as Design for Manufacturability and Design for Testability)
- Verify thatdrawings convey accurate information
- Ensurenecessary documentation is complete such as engineering prints, bills of materials, and related product specifications to allow successful transfer to manufacturing
- Perform schematic capture duties such as maintenance of parts libraries and updating schematics or drawings in an organized and timely manner
- Work directly with different business functions and team members to meet serviceability, functional and manufacturability requirements
- Coordinate procurement of prototype material as well as oversee the build and verification of design
- May work on design projects that reduce the cost of the product, as well as, designing necessary equipment or fixtures that are needed during the new product development cycle or with installed base products
- Comply with EHS regulations and policies
This individual works on projects related to a particular function depending on their prior coursework and degree program.
- Associate’s Degree in Mechanical, a technical degreea recognized training facility.
- Demonstrated ability to design conceptual models by using computer assisted design/drafting equipment and software, as well as being able to perform design analysis
- Ability to receive and transmit drawings electronically
- Demonstrated computer skill in both Microsoft Office and with Computer Assisted Design software and equipment.
- Demonstrated experience in gathering and defining customer requirements
- Minimum one year of experience developing project plans and estimates and working with engineering teams
- Excellent problem solving abilities using analytical skills
- Takes initiative to contribute in design review meetings
- Ability to work with mathematical concepts and use available technology to ensure accurate calculations
- Demonstrated verbal and written communication skills for presenting, discussing, and documenting technical information.
- Experience working with cross functional teams
- Ability to meet reliability, performance, cost, serviceability, and delivery targets
- If needed, interact with vendors and customers on engineering design issues
Desired acteristics Preferred Qualifications:
- At least 24 credit hours of coursework toward a bachelors/technical (or equivalent) degree in the function you are interning or a recent graduatea Bachelors/technical program in the function you are interning.
- In countriesapplicable, a GPA of at least 3.0
- Ability to exercise independent judgment consistent with department guidelines.
- Previous experience using independent thought processes to plan ahead, process information, maintain workflow and anticipate future needs of the team.
- Strong organizational skills with high attention to detail.
- Self-Starter, proactive, able to work independently with minimal direction
- Ability to quickly identify and prioritize issues, create solutions and meet deadlines.
- Team player with strong interpersonal skills, capable of working within a globally diverse team across different time zones.