|Job Role||Associate Software Devlopment Engineer|
|Last date to apply||Oct 2015|
About Company :
Expedia, Inc. is the world’s leading online travel company, empowering business and leisure travelers with the tools and information they need to easily research, plan, book and experience travel. Expedia, Inc. also provides in-destination concierge service and activity desks for travelers. The Expedia, Inc. portfolio of brands includes: Expedia.com®, hotels.com®, Hotwire®, Egencia™, TripAdvisor®, Expedia Local Expert™, Classic Vacations® and eLong™. Expedia, Inc.’s companies operate more than 50 global points of sale with sites in North America, South America, Latin America, Europe, Middle East, Africa and Asia Pacific. Expedia, Inc. is a component of the S&P 500 index. For more information, visit company website (NASDAQ: EXPE).
- Deliver with quality, powerful, highly scalable, and reliable SOA services — from design and implementation to production troubleshooting
- Participating during all aspects of the Software Development Life Cycle from specification to production release.
- Working with Engineers, Program Managers and Product Managers to implement the new features.
- Designing and code automated tests (functional and regression), run manual tests; verify builds and releases
- Be responsible for on-time and high quality delivery of test harness to validate features
- Invent novel solutions to challenging technical problems and edge cases as we strive to achieve total automation for continuous integration and delivery.
- Participate in the definition and promotion of engineering best practices within the team.
- Identifying opportunities for process, tools and test methodology improvements and drive those from concept to implementation
- Relavent years of proven experience as a software engineer
- Relevant years of experience working with Java/C++.
- Good knowledge of object oriented programming concepts and multi-tier applications, particularly Service Oriented Architectures are a must.
- Exposure to Object Oriented Design and Programming, TomCat, Spring (Core spring, AOP and Spring Web services), J2EE App tier components (Servlets, JMS, etc.), Java/J2EE design patterns, SOAP based Java web services.
- Threat perception, secure code and quality assessment as part of white box testing a plus.
- Ability to breakdown code functionality and coming up with test cases for comprehensive testing a big plus.
- Experience with the full development lifecycle from concept through delivery a plus
- Excellent organizational, communication, and technical skills
- Ability to learn quickly, master our existing systems and identify opportunities for improvement.
- Must be able to drive investigations to completion and ensure customer satisfaction.
- Must be flexible and motivated to work in a fast-paced environment.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
MS/BS degree in Computer Science or related technical field preferred.
- Must have experience working on a large scale project from spec to ship, with ownership of quality control and analysis.
- Hands on experience developing web services framework.
- Assessing overall code quality and flexibility.
- Self-starter in identifying goals and determines how to achieve them.
- A strong drive to learn new technologies and passion for building great software.
- Verbal and written communication skills.
- Excellent problem solving skills.