Symantec Freshers Hiring Associate Software Engineer on Oct 2015 @ Pune
|Experience||0 – 1 Years|
|Job Role||Associate Software Engineer|
|Last date to apply||Oct 2015|
About Company :
Symantec Corporation commonly known as Symantec is an American technology company headquartered in Mountain View, California, United States. The company produces software for security, storage, backup and availability – and offers professional services to support its software. Netcraft asseses Symantec (including subsidiaries) as the most-used certification authority. Symantec is a Fortune 500 company and a member of the S&P 500 stock-market index.On October 9, 2014, Symantec declared that the company would split into two independent publicly traded companies by the end of 2015. One company would focus on security, the other on information management. The information-management business will use the name “Veritas Technologies Corporation”, echoing the name of Veritas Software.
- Requires working in a complex software environment and debugging prowess for hard to reproduce customer issues
- Be part of a multi-product engineering team working on solutions that matter most to our customers
- Must write solid code across a diverse range of products and platforms quickly and accurately
- A self-starter who is not afraid to trek ambiguous paths, taking the necessary steps to engineer innovative solutions, but at the same time having a keen eye for modifying existing solutions to meet new requirements
- Establishes a working relationship with global counterparts • has a strong focus on following and improving defined processes and software quality
- B.E/B.Tech/M.E/M.Tech/MCA/M.Sc Computer Science or related qualifications and relevant or equivalent work experience from a recognized university or institution.
Strong Programming experience in Java/Server side technologies, C/C++, Databases, Windows System/Internals, Win Sock
- Any prior work experience on Customer Response would be desirable
- Sound knowledge of Operating System concepts/architecture
- Prior Product development experience is desirable; experience of working on a Security product is highly desired
- Knowledge of development tools like debuggers, profiles or code analyzers is required
- Understanding of networks and network-related enterprise issues is must.
- Should be proficient in TCP/IP and UDP network protocols good to have – System/Kernel Driver development, dump analysis skills
- Strong problem solving, troubleshooting and analytical skills are required
- Resilient worker who can weave through unknowns and solve tough issues found by our customers
- Good work ethic. Hard worker who will address problems to the end and meet deadlines for deliverable’s