American Express Hiring Software Engineer / Senior Developer – Big Data / Hadoop @ Bangalore
|Company Name||American Express|
|Qualification||Bachelor’s or Master’s degree|
|Skills||Java/C++ and Python|
|Job Role||Software Engineer|
|Last date to apply||Oct 2015|
About Company :
American Express is a global service company, providing customers with exceptional access to products, insights and experiences that enrich lives and build business success.
Each day, American Express makes it easier, safer and more rewarding for consumers and businesses to purchase the things they need and for merchants to sell their goods and services. An engine of commerce, American Express provides innovative payment, travel and expense management solutions for individuals and businesses of all sizes. Most of all, we help our customers realize their dreams and aspirations through industry-leading benefits, access to unique experiences, business-building insights, and global customer care. We enable our customers to do and achieve more.
Experience: Mid-Senior level
Job function :Information Technology
Employment type :Full-time
Industry: Information Technology and Services
Job ID : 76695571
- American Express is embarking on an exciting transformation driven by an energetic new team of high-performers. This group is nimble and creative with the power to shape our technology and product roadmap. If you have the talent and desire to deliver innovative payment products and services at a rapid pace, serving our customers seamlessly across physical, digital, mobile, and social media, join our transformation team – “Big Data Labs” You will be part of a fast-paced, entrepreneurial team responsible for delivering world class platform capabilities on our Big Data Platform.
- You will be challenged with identifying innovative ideas and proof of concept to deliver against the existing and future needs of our customers.
- Design and build robust solutions for Big Data problems.
- Guide the full lifecycle for the Big Data solution including technical architecture design, solution design, solution development, testing & deployment.
- Define and document design and build standards
- Provide subject matter expertise and stay abreast of latest technologies to solve problems associated with business intelligence and analytics in Big Data world.
- Provide technical leadership & coaching to junior developers.
- Researches new technologies for the team.
Desired Skills and Experience
- Should possess a bachelor’s or master’s degree in Computer Science.
- Hands-on experience with Big Data technology stack (HDFS, MapReduce, Hive, Pig, Message Queues, SOLR/Elastic Search,Talend,Redis/Memcached)
- Expertise in Core Java.
- Experience in high scale or distributed RDBMS
- Proficiency with Linux/Unix and open source tools/platforms
- Experience in Infrastructure and storage design
- Demonstrated experience in the design and development of data architectures
- Good understanding of Big Data products in the market
- Experience in delivering effectively and in a fast paced environment with an ability to adapt quickly
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.