|Experience||0 to 1 years|
|Qualification||BTech, MTech, or PhD|
|Job Role||Software Development Engineer|
|Last Date to Apply||Nov 2015|
About Company :
Flipkart has defined the eCommerce industry in India and will continue its leadership with its core value of putting “customer first”. Flipkart is made of people who love being themselves and their independence of thoughts pave way for disruptive innovation on tech, biz and ops fronts.
We are looking for engineers who are well rounded – quality conscious, product thinkers, business congnizant and smart – not mere coders. Engineers get to significantly amplify their impact with the scale that Flipkart operates at. The same scale also demands the engineers to produce super-efficient solutions. Engineers participate and breed the culture of self-drive which is fuelled with merit based opportunities. In the pursuit of excellence, Flipsters compete against themselves because there is no competitor in the radar.
- Drive discussions to create/improve product, process and technology
- Thinking tools, creating tools
- Build abstractions and contracts with separation of concerns for a larger scope
- Rapid proto-typing
- Robust and scalable web-based applications
- Do high level design with guidance; Functional modelling, break-down of a module
- Thinking platforms & reuse
- Do incremental changes to architecture: impact analysis of the same
- Do performance tuning and improvements in large scale distributed systems
Mentor young minds and foster team spirit
You’re Array (Nice to Haves):
- The farsightedness it takes to look at business problems critically from more than one perspective.
- The capability to craft object-oriented models and design data structures, implement business logic and data models with suitable class design.
- Ability to break-down larger/fuzzier problems into smaller ones in the scope of the product
- Sound soft skills to gel with colleagues from other teams in order to harness the development process.
- An understanding of the industry’s coding standards and an ability to create appropriate technical documentation.
- Extensive and expert programming experience in any one programming language (strong OO skills preferred).
- Deep experience in at least one Object Oriented programming language (Java/C/C++, Ruby, Clojure, Scala,and SQL)
- A solid foundation in computer science, with strong competencies in data structures, algorithms, and software design.
- Have a penchant for solving complex and interesting problems
- Worked in startup like environment with high levels of ownership and commitment
- BTech, MTech, or PhD in Computer Science or related technical discipline (or equivalent).
- Excellent coding skills – should be able to convert design into code fluently Good skills to write unit & integration tests with reasonable coverage of code & interfaces – TDD is a plus
- Experience in building highly scalable business applications, which involve implementing large complex business flows and dealing with huge amount of data. Experience with multi-threading and concurrency programming
- Exposure in the art of writing codes and solving problems for large scale.