Caterpillar Hiring Associate Engineer On Nov 2015 @ Chennai
|Job Role||Associate Engineer- Electromagnetic FEA Analysis|
|Last Date to Apply||ASAP|
About Company :
Caterpillar is the world’s leading manufacturer of construction and mining equipment, diesel and natural gas engines, industrial gas turbines and diesel-electric locomotives. For 90 years, Caterpillar Inc. has been making sustainable progress possible and driving positive change on every continent and today is leading the Technology Solutions space with innovative Engine and Machine Electronics, Asset Management, Condition and Remote Monitoring Solutions, Analytics, Prognostics and Autonomous Mining Technologies.
JOB ID: 150009PH
- The primary responsibility of this position is to conduct electromagnetic FEA analysis of motor / generator designs and support the development of tools and processes to complete this analysis.
- This work will include lump node model creation and analysis, 2D & 3D FEA model setup and running, critical analysis and communication of the results, correlation to test results, and summary analysis and recommendations.
- Significant interaction and communication with electrical drive component and system engineers in the US is a critical part of the role. Tools used will include but are not limited to SPEED, Maxwell 2D & 3D (JMAG or FLUX), and MATLAB.
- B.E/B.Tech in electrical engineering or related discipline Or M.E/M.Tech/Ph.D in motor design/electrical machines design/analysis as specialization with 1-4 years of experience in electromagnetic design such as motors, generators, and power converters.
- Experience in software tools like SPEED/Maxwell
- Understanding of Permanent Magnet, Switched Reluctance, and AC Induction generators and traction motors
- Strong communication skills, written and oral
- Highly competent data analysis capability
- Ability to learn and utilize multiple analysis tools.
- Work experience in an Engineering field, preferably with Electric Drive traction and control systems in automotive, rail or heavy machinery applications
- Masters Degree or higher in Electrical Engineering with a motor design focus
Vector control understanding
- Experience with thermal modeling and analysis
- Component development test experience
- Experience with construction equipment work cycle and histogram creation