|Job Role||DB2 DBA Analyst|
|Last date to apply||Jan 2016|
About Company :
Barclays is an international financial services provider engaged in personal banking, credit cards, corporate and investment banking and wealth management with an extensive presence in Europe, the Americas, Africa and Asia. Barclays’ purpose is to help people achieve their ambitions – in the right way.
With over 300 years of history and expertise in banking, Barclays operates in over 50 countries and employs approximately 140,000 people. Barclays moves, lends, invests and protects money for customers and clients worldwide.
At Barclays, we recruit based on merit and are committed to promoting diversity throughout our organisation.
Duties and Responsibilities
Production Services 70-90%
Take responsibility for completing tasks, focusing on requirements and planning to meet client needs, which the job holder helps to identify, advise and recommend technical solutions based on experience and Industry knowledge
Follow strictly ITIL standards.
Handle Incident, change and order Managemnet
React quickly and as necessary to live systems errors and service problems to limit downtime and resolve the problem
Support the implementation of strategy and policy issues by involvement in change and/or advise to other technical areas and makes recommendations to improve procedures and working practices
Improve knowledge of the systems processes and technologies, infrastructure and service development processes, both current and emerging technology
Interface with other areas sharing technical knowledge and expertise and resolving issues as necessary
Assist with the creation, monitoring and reporting of progress against plans and identify corrective actionnecessary,
To supervise, co-ordinate, participate in and be accountable for the work of the team, which will be to support, maintain or enhance computer systems/enhance infrastructure components and services, making effective use of resources during the various stages of the work to ensure that business objectives are met and deliverables achieved to agreed timescales, budgets and quality
Coach and develop the skills of other staff to ensure the team is effectively positioned to meet demands. Help others to develop skills and confidence. Support others in stretching assignments and opportunities
Develop in self and others deep knowledge and understanding of systems processes, infrastructure/service development process and specialist areas of technology. Be responsible for own learning and development and support others in their development.
The ideal candidate should:-
- Be an expert in database administration on distributed platforms
- Have experience of different database types & associated management techniques (data warehouses, Online transaction processing databases)
- Having knowledge of softwares/tools/utilities associated with databases is a must (DB2 program analysis -Explain & Advise , DB2 snapshots, DB2 event monitors, db2top, db2mtrk, db2look, db2move, DB2 audit ,
- Import-export-load, backup and recover models, HADR etc)
- Have experience in database technologies – e.g. DB2 UDB on Unix & Linux.
- Have experience in database monitoring toolFog light 4 & 5, Nimbus, precise etc.
- Having knowledge of both Oracle and MSSql databases is an added advantage..
- Have experience in working in a production support environment to be able to understand and appreciate the criticality of issues and trouble shoot quickly to meet SLA’s to avoid service downtime.
- Have a good understanding of ITIL Service management
- Be experienced in Change Management skills and deliverables embracing a change in working culture
- Have a working knowledge of the Bank’s IT infrastructure components and the processes required to maintain a production infrastructure
- Have a general understanding of the business area and applications/service components being used and must be able to appreciate the applicationboth a technical and business perspective.
- Have a good working knowledge of the technical interfaces to other business and computer systems and infrastructure components to be able to assess risk factors of a change, specify changes and support other areas in their implementation of change
- Have a good awareness of current IT development and live systems, banks architectures and strategies and computing trends
- Good understading of the internal Architecture and tools associated with the DB2 Databa
- Strong analytical ability
- Good trouble shooting skills
- Excellent communication skills
- Team player
- Able to influence atlevels
- Willing to work in Shifts (Day/Night)
- Risk and Control Objective [This section is mandatory forrole profiles and must not be deleted]
- Ensure thatactivities and duties are carried out in full compliance with regulatory requirements, Barclays
- Operational Risk Framework and internal Barclays Policies and Standards.