|Company Name||Thomson Reuters|
|Job Role||Associate Web Developer-Front End Developer|
|Last date to apply||ASAP|
About Company :
Thomson Reuters, in collaboration with many of the financial industry’s largest firms, launches the Open Messaging Network, creating the world’s largest community of financial professionals and changing the way our customers communicate with their peers.The Wider Image re imagines visual storytelling and brings Reuters images and information to life through an entirely new interactive experience, created exclusively for the iPad. It is the first responsive design experience for news photography and has received more than 25 awards for innovation, photojournalism and design.
- Develop websites to match exactly with the design files provided by the Designers.
- Write and utilize HTML and CSS in the development and ongoing support of websites.
- Graphics: Update, modify and correct graphical design elements on websites; correct or recreate Photoshop files that are incomplete, missing elements, outdated or missing; handle any other graphical requests.
- Content: Interpret content and design layout tickets to update or correct content and/or formatting on customer websites; move textual content from old sites to new sites; correct HTML as necessary.
- Navigation/Links: Ensure web links are accurate; update or correct navigational images.
- Integrate websites and other products into proprietary Thomson Reuters applications.
Work cross-functionally with designers, content writers, project managers, and other contributors to ensure sites are released on-time with a high level of customer satisfaction. Follow-up to resolve any issues with site/product.
Test to ensure that minimal errors are found in production and code web sites to optimize the layout of materials, site performance and compatibility with various browsers.
Hold final accountability for quality of HTML and CSS coding on the site in compliance with WCAG standards.
Adhere to documented processes and best practices.
- Bachelor’s degree – Preferably on Computer Science / Information Technology
- Freshers-2014/2015 batch only. They will be taken as contractors and employee referral amount is not applicable for freshers
- Certification on Web Development
- Good understanding of web standards, CSS-based design, cross-browser compatibility.
- Advanced Photoshop slicing and image optimization.
- Adobe Photoshop, Adobe Dreamweaver and Sublime Text.
- Ability to hand-code standards-based HTML5, CSS3/SASS/LESS and Jquery for cross-browser compatibility.
- Excellent verbal and written communication, time management, collaboration and problem solving skills.
- Knowledge & expertise about emerging web technologies such as Responsive Web Development(RWD), CSS Frameworks and JQuery