|Job Role||Software Developer|
|Last date to apply||Feb 2016|
About Company :
The International Business Machines Corporation (commonly referred to as IBM) is an American multinational technology and consulting corporation, with headquarters in Armonk, New York. IBM manufactures and markets computer hardware, middle ware and software, and offers infrastructure, hosting and consulting services in areas ranging from mainframe computers to nanotechnology.The company originated in 1911 as the Computing-Tabulating-Recording Company (CTR) through a merger of the Tabulating Machine Company, the International Time Recording Company, and the Computing Scale Company.
JOB ID: 27878BR
- Contribute to feature development of Linux on Power and related technologies such as IBM PowerKVM including enabling Linux Distro releases (Redhat , Suse & Ubuntu) on IBM Server portfolio.
- Should independently own the components assigned, Develop features, submit patches, debug/analyze code failures, fix bugs, interlock with testers and support team for the closure of the bugs.
- Give inputs to planning and participate in new feature studies
- B.E/B.Tech/M.E/M.Tech/MCA from recognized university
- Excellent communication & presentation skills
- Good problem solving and creative thinking abilities
- Good understanding of development methodologies, and exposure to open source workings.
- Strong Operating systems concepts/fundamentals, Linux kernel programming/debugging skills – systems software using C, C++,
- Familiar with workings & usage of at least one open source system management tools/utilities – Chef, Puppet, Ganglia, Nagios, Kubernetes, Ansible, Salt, Ceilometer (OpenStack)etc.