|Job Role||Design Engineer – Entry Level|
|Last date to apply||Mar 2016|
About Company :
Seagate Technology PLC (commonly referred to as Seagate) is an American-founded data storage company that was incorporated in 1978 as Shugart Technology. Since 2010, the company is incorporated in Dublin, Ireland, with operational headquarters in Cupertino, California, United States. Seagate developed the first 5.25-inch hard disk drive (HDD) in 1980, the 5-megabyte ST-506. They were a major supplier in the microcomputer market during the 1980s, especially after the introduction of the IBM XT in 1983. Today Seagate along with Western Digital dominates the HDD market.
JOB ID: 156309
- Debugs software products through the use of systematic tests to develop, apply, and maintain quality standards for company products. Develops, modifies, and executes software test plans. Analyzes and writes test standards and procedures. Maintains documentation of test results to assist in debugging and modification of software.
- Analyzes test results to ensure existing functionality and recommends corrective action.
- Consults with development engineers in resolution of problems.
- Provides feedback in preparation of technical appraisals of programming languages, systems, and computation software. Ensures quality computer integration into the overall functions of scientific computation, data acquisition, and processing.
- IT Engineers typically require a college degree in computer engineering or computer science.
Job typically requires a college degree in a engineering field or applied sciences.
- Engineers in IT typically work with hardware and network connectivity instead of computer programming (which is done by Programmer/Analyst or Systems. Analyst classifications)
- Learns to use professional concepts. Applies company policies and procedures to resolve routine issues.
- Works on problems of limited scope. Follows standard practices and procedures in analyzing situations or data from which answers can be readily obtained. Builds stable working relationships internally.
- Normally receives detailed instructions on all work.