Vodafone Hiring Freshers As Unix/ Linux Support Engineer On Apr 2016 @ Pune
|Experience||0 – 3 yrs|
|Qualification||BE, B.Tech, MCA,|
|Job Role||Unix/ Linux Support Engineer|
|Skills||Unix / Linux operating system/SQL and Shell scripting.|
|Last date to apply||Apr 2016|
About Company :
Vodafone come a long way since making the first ever mobile call in the UK on 1 January 1985. Today, more than 400 million customers around the world choose us to look after their communications needs. In 30 years, a small mobile operator in Newbury has grown into a global business and one of the most valuable brands in the world. We now operate in around 30 countries and partner with networks in over 50 more.In an increasingly connected world, it’s no longer just about being able to talk and text. Our network allows people to share images and videos as soon as they’re captured; to share thoughts and feelings as soon as they’re created.
Job ID : VOD0009QY
Role Purpose :-
1. Maintain the Unix and Linux environments which support Vodafone Group’s key business applications.
2. Provide and operate IT infrastructure services for various applications and customers. Constantly optimize our infrastructure and deliver cost efficient services of high quality.
4. Server operation of BI applications for VF Netherland.
5. Solve incident & problem tickets and work orders from the 1st level and other departments.
6. Correction of erroneous data by manual intervention and workarounds.
7. Addressing, coordinating and tracking the removal of the causes of faults.
8. Support migration of new & changed software, elaborate and perform production checks.
9. Managing performance, stability and reliability of the systems.
10. Publish daily / weekly / monthly status reports to users & IT stake holders.
Support for scheduled activities (release support and changes for production).
11. Resolution of tickets and service request from.
12. Vendor management and coordination for issues / fixes.
Desired Profile :-
1. High knowledge of Unix / Linux operating system.
2. Profound knowledge of SQL and Shell scripting.
3. Good knowledge of ITIL process is mandatory.
4. Good knowledge of Operating System security.
5. Good knowledge of storage concepts