Engineering | Bangalore, Karnataka, India
Software Engineer in Test I:
The stage/The Gig: Software Engineering
At Flipkart we approach testing differently — we are testing, and breaking, code constantly and help rebuild it better. Software Engineers in Test (SET) devise smart testing strategies and write code to examine and validate large-scale software development and deployments. As an SET, you would partner with software developers to create and code tests during product development. Your primary responsibilities are
- To mitigate potential quality risks across SDLC through pragmatic test coverage
- Createrepeatability in testing through automation
- Enable delivery through good planning, proactive communication and timely execution
At Flipkart, high focus on Impact and Ownership allows for freedom to each to experiment and innovate. The pride is when you see the impact of what you have created. The ability to see what your contribution does to the business is a rare experience, add to that the fact that the impact of it is felt by your friends and family in India – the experience is extremely gratifying.
- You are responsible for various dimensions of testing (functional/non-functional (performance, scalability, adverse etc.), ensuring quality experiences to our customers.
- With your extensive technical expertise and judgement, you are an integrated part of the software development team and define, document, analyse, perform, and automate tests for products. You identify functional /non-functional issues and come up with creative resolutions.
- You are responsible for adhering to best QA practices and improve the Quality of the products continuously
- You are responsible to create repeatability that enable and validate high quality releases at a fast pace
- You’re array (Nice to Haves):
- Experience in test automation tools like junit, testng, phpunit, webdriver, jmeter, SoapUI etc
- Good understating of Continuous Integration/Delivery
- Contribution to open source projects in the Automation/QA is a plus
You (Must Haves):
- You have a strong technical background, are detail driven and have excellent problem solving abilities
- Around 1-3 years of experience in testing
- You have exposure to distributed systems or web applications
- You have good understanding of Testing life cycle, Test Processes
- You have good product and testing acumen
- You can write good automation code (Java/php/Ruby etc.)
- Working knowledge with 1 or more functional or non-functional automation stack