|Experience||0 – 2 years|
|Job Role||Associate Software Engineer|
|Skills||C++, Java and .net|
|Last Date to Apply||July 2016|
Symantec Corporation commonly known as Symantec is an American technology company headquartered in Mountain View, California, United States. The company produces software for security, storage, backup and availability – and offers professional services to support its software. Netcraft asseses Symantec (including subsidiaries) as the most-used certification authority. Symantec is a Fortune 500 company and a member of the S&P 500 stock-market index.On October 9, 2014, Symantec declared that the company would split into two independent publicly traded companies by the end of 2015. One company would focus on security, the other on information management. The information-management business will use the name “Veritas Technologies Corporation”, echoing the name of Veritas Software.
- Working as part of a highly skilled, globally distributed team focused on building automated solutions to ensure the quality of Antivirus and IPS content.
- Coding mission critical, large scale automated solutions using multiple languages and technologies (Primarily Python/Perl/PHP/Ruby/MySQL).
- Understanding Symantec technologies in-depth. Hands-on experience with security threats – reproducing and remediating infection scenarios.
- Working with customers, partners & stakeholders to diagnose reproduce & resolve content-related issues.
- Root cause analysis & process engineering – developing, maintaining and auditing content production processes.
- Contributing to team projects and demonstrating responsibility for deadlines.
- Educated to Bachelor’s Degree Level or equivalent in a computer science-related field.
- Looking for great programmer in this role with excellent coding skills in any of these programming languages –
- Python/Perl/Ruby with OOPS experience.
- Experience on C++, Java and .net will be advantageous.
- Passionate about technology, security and quality.
- Good knowledge of operating systems – primarily Windows, though experience with Linux/Android advantageous.
- Good knowledge of network protocols including TCP/IP.