|Company Name||Shipping Corporation of India Ltd.|
|Post||Graduate Marine Engineer|
|No of Vacancy||40|
|Last date to apply||20 Oct 2016|
About US :
The Shipping Corporation of India was established on October 2nd, 1961, by the amalgamation of Eastern Shipping Corporation and Western Shipping Corporation.Starting out as a marginal Liner shipping Company with just 19 vessels, the SCI has today evolved into the largest Indian shipping Company. The SCI also has substantial interests in various segments of the shipping trade. SCI’s owned fleet includes Bulk carriers, Crude oil tankers, Product tankers, Container vessels, Passenger-cum-Cargo vessels, Phosphoric Acid / Chemical carriers, LPG / Ammonia carriers and Offshore Supply Vessels.
- Candidate should possess Degree in Mechanical Engineering (B.E /B.Tech in Mechanical Engineering) from AICTE Approved Engineering College. Equivalent degree or degree with specialization or electives other than above educational qualification is not acceptable.
- Final year / semester students who have appeared for in the exam and expect their results by date 30.09.2016 are also eligible to apply
- Candidates must be in possession of valid degree in Engineering certificate with minimum 50% marks in final year of Engineering at the time of interview.
- However, candidates should have secured at least 50% marks in English language at Xth or XIIth class.
- Maximum 28 years as on 1st November 2016 (Date of commencement of training). Candidates belonging to UR/OBC category must be born on or after 01.11.1988. Relaxations applicable to SC/ST candidates as per existing Govt. directives. Candidate belonging to SC/ST category must 2 be born on or after 01.11.1983. Age relaxation of two years for women candidates applicable.
Selection Process :
- Eligible candidates will be required to appear in the All India on line test at their own expenses and only candidates qualifying in the on line test will be called for Personal Interview in the ratio of 1:3. (3 candidates called against 1 vacancy) keeping the provision of reservation for SC/ST/OBC & OBC Minority in view. The Shipping Corporation of India Ltd. reserves the right to shortlist the candidates for on line test also.
- The on-line examination will be held at Mumbai, New Delhi, Kolkata, and Chennai only.
TRAINING AND COURSE FEES:
- After final short listing, the eligible candidate has to undergo shore based training for 8 months.The fee for training is approximately Rs.4, 00,000 (Approx. Rs. Four lakhs only) for male candidates and 3.35 lakhs (Approx. Rs. Three lakhs and thirty five thousand only) for female. Candidate will pay fee directly to the Maritime Training Institute (MTI), Powai. Fees once paid are not refundable at any stage either in full or part. Consolidated stipend of Rs.15000/- per month will be paid to candidates for on board training.
Flee Personnel Dept. Third Floor.
The Shipping Corporation Of India Ltd,
245, Madame Cama Road,
Apply Now More Details