|Company Name||Staff Selection Commission Recruitment|
|Post||Combined Higher Secondary Level Examination|
|No of Vacancy||5134|
|Job Location||Anywhere in India|
|Last date to apply||07 Nov 2016|
About US :
The Staff Selection Commission is functioning under the Department of Personnel & Training, Government of India. Initially known as Subordinate Services Commission, it was set up on 1 July 1976, primarily to make recruitment on zonal basis for non-technical Group C posts under the Central Government, except the post for which recruitment was made by Railway Service Commission and the industrial establishments.Functions of the Staff Selection Commission have been further widened and now it carries out recruitment for Group B and Group C posts under the Central Government. The Commission thus recruits the major work force for the Central Government, including the Central Para-military Forces.
- Must have passed 12th Standard or equivalent examination from a recognized Board or University.
- Age Limit: 18-27 years as on 01.01.2017 (Candidates born not before 02-01-1990 and not later than 01-01-1999).
Salary Offered :
- Postal Assistant/Sorting Assistant: PB -1(Rs. 5200-20200) Grade Pay 2400
- Data Entry Operator : Pay Band-1 (Rs. 5200-20200), Grade Pay Rs. 2400
- Lower Division Clerk: Pay Band -1 (Rs. 5200-20200), Grade Pay Rs. 1900
- Court Clerk : Pay Band-1 (Rs. 5200-20200), Grade Pay Rs. 1900
Total Vacancies :
- Postal Assistant/Sorting Assistant – 3281
- Data Entry Operator – 1321
- Lower Division Clerk – 506
- Court Clerk – 26
Selection Process :
- Candidates will be shortlisted for the Tier-III Examination on the basis of their performance in the Computer based Written Examination (Tier-I) and Descriptive Examination (Tier-II).
- Candidates who qualify in the skill test/Typing Test (Tier-III) will be recommended for appointment by the Commission on the basis of their performance in the Computer based Written Examination (Tier-I) and Descriptive Paper (Tier-II).
- Allocation of candidates will be made to User Departments depending upon their merit position and the option exercised by them
Written examination (Objective type):
The examination will consist of a Computer based Written Examination (Tier-I), Descriptive Paper (Tier-II) and Typing Test/Skill Test (Tier-III) Examination for the post of Data Entry Operator, Postal Assistant & Sorting Assistant (PA/SA), Lower Division Clerk and Court Clerk.
Important Date :
- Date of Publication of the Advertisement in the Employment News Paper: 08.10.2016
- Starting Date for Submission of Online Application: 08.10.2016
- Last date for Submission of Online Application: 07.11.2016
- Date of Written Examination: 07.01.2017 & 05.02.2017