|Company Name||JP Morgan Chase|
|Experience||0 – 2 years|
|Job Role||Support Analyst|
|Last Date to Apply||Nov 2016|
JP Morgan Chase & Co. (NYSE: JPM) is a leading global financial services firm with assets of > $2 trillion and operations in more than 60 countries. The firm is a leader in investment banking, financial services for consumers, small business and commercial banking, financial transaction processing, asset management, and private equity.We are a leader in investment banking, financial services for consumers and small businesses, commercial banking, financial transaction processing and asset management.
- Prepare the daily/weekly/monthly/quarterly/annually reporting around liquidity and interest rate risk, in order to fulfill Corporate deliverables and support the LOBs.
- Preparation of insightful, high quality Senior Management presentations.
- Responsible for completing various control checks, reconciliations, variance analysis for deliverables.
- Support the team on metrics around portfolio balance forecasting, Net Interest Income (NII), IRR, as well as monitoring pricing and valuation of loans and deposits.
- Partner with the team during forecast and stress testing cycles, including Risk Appetite, ICAAP, and CCAR to ensure
- Support ad hoc requests from the LOB and Senior Management.
- Candidate should be BE/B Tech/MCA/MBA from a recognised university.
- Candidate should have an aggregate of 60% through out academics.
Must have proficiency in Microsoft Office applications (Excel & PowerPoint in particular) which is required (i.e. use of pivot tables, macros, PitchPro, etc).
- Must be prior in regulatory reporting of (FFIEC 101, HCR, CCAR) experience and knowledge of Basel Capital rules and RWA preferred.
- Must have knowledge of retail banking and products a plus.
- Should also have knowledge of Essbase would be an added advantage.
- Must be a self starter with strong initiative, ability to take ownership and work independently as well as contribute to the broader team.
- Should have excellent communication and partnering skills.
- Should have ability to multi-task and work with various members of the team on competing priorities.
- Should have strong analytical skills and attention to detail.
- Must have control/efficiency mindset and drive to challenge and change.
- Should have demonstrate leadership and organizational capabilities.
- Should have ability to research issues/problems and provide a ‘solution-based’ approach.
- Must be adaptable to change and ambiguity in the work environment.
- Should predominantly be a late EMEA shift which may stretch during critical business days.