|Experience||0 – 3 years|
|Job Role||Design Engineer|
|Last Date to Apply||ASAP|
Honeywell invents and manufactures technologies to address some of the world’s toughest challenges initiated by revolutionary macrotrends in science, technology and society. A Fortune 100 company, we create solutions to improve the quality of life of people around the globe: generating clean, healthy energy – and using it more efficiently. Increasing our safety and security. Enabling people around the world to connect, communicate, and collaborate. And equipping our customers to be even more productive. With more than 127,000 employees worldwide, including more than 22,000 engineers and scientists, we have an unrelenting commitment to quality and delivering results in everything we make and do.
- The role of the design engineer in Engineering is to work as a member of the team on the preparation of UOP’s Schedule A, the basic design package, in support of the licensing of UOP technology that provide customized technology design packages to our customers. In addition to the new and revamp Schedule A preparation, the design engineer also takes part in engineering studies and other work, as required.
Unique aspects of the job includes:-
- Close coordination with other engineering disciplines, which will include mechanical, controls, rotating equipment, metallurgy and drafting.
- Close coordination with other global engineering offices and specialists on regular basis.
- Preparation of Process and hydraulic simulations, developing and optimizing process schemes and preparation of heat and material balances.
- Preparation of customized and client-specific equipment specifications for various process units, as required for the UOP’s Schedule A, basic design package.
- Producing required outputs within the process area to support technology delivery process, i.e. Schedule A specifications including heat and material balances, hydraulic tabulation and material selection diagrams as well as providing specialist support on revamp studies and customer clarifications.
- A broad knowledge of thermodynamics, fundamental principals and industry practices with specific knowledge of the various refinery and petrochemical technologies.
- Delivering required outputs to meet established work-plan milestones and quality assurance plan.
- Experience in reviewing engineering design data for completeness and consistency prior to completion of specification releases
- BE Degree in Chemical Engineering or equivalent from reputed engineering institution.
- The ideal candidate would have 6-10 years of experience with a reputed design firm — with similar background, like UOP.
- 6+ years of relevant work experience in process design industry, preferably in refinery or petrochemical industry is desirable.
- Prior process understanding for Refinery and Petrochemicals industry is a major advantage.
- The job involves close co-ordination with other global engineering offices and also requires working as a part of virtual-teams, consists of team-members spread across the globe.
- Good communication skills, including fluency in English are essential.